Harry sick- for TaylorSwift15

Start from the beginning

Panting miserably over the toilet, hot, light-headed, and shaking he came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to be able to fly to LA today, not in this condition. With an unhappy grunt and a swipe at the sweat building on his forehead he sagged away from the loo, hands holding his dodgy middle. He'd woken without hardly any time to even register just how nauseous he was and practically gagged right on opening his eyes. With flailing arms he'd managed to open the toilet lid and get into position before everything came up in an unpleasant process that Harry wasn't fond of at all.

He supposed no one was.

He needed another shower but he couldn't be bothered so he pulled himself onto his feet and back over to his bed, slumping over the mattress and feeling like he was about to die.

Whimpering quietly he rolled onto his back to stare at the blank ceiling.

He wasn't sure how long he laid there but his phone ringing drew him out of the self-pitying trance he'd fallen into.

He coughed and sniffled before reaching over to detach his phone from the charger. He saw his Mum's number on the screen and hurriedly answered. When he was sick there was nothing better than his Mum.

"Good morning Harry!" she greeted in a chipper voice. Harry gave a watery smile at the sound of her voice. They called a few times a week but he hadn't seen her for at least a month now and he would be lying if he said he didn't think about his family a lot. He missed them, and it was only his fault that he didn't see them, the drive was only three hours from where he was now. A lot of the time he was just too busy and it frustrated him.

"Hey-" Harry cut off to clear his throat. He reached up to massage it as he tried again, "hey Mum."

"You sound funny, is everything okay?" Anne questioned curiously.

Not wanting her to worry Harry lied, "yeah, I just woke up."

"Oh, well, I just thought I'd check in with you baby. What's on the schedule today?"

Harry didn't know what to tell her. She was a proper mother hen whenever he or Gemma were sick and he really didn't want to make her worry about him. If he mentioned the flight he was postponing she would go into full Mum mode, even over the phone. He was torn, because he wanted to see her and he wanted her to care for him but he also didn't want her to feel like she had to still. He was an adult, shouldn't he be able to take care of himself now?

"Uh, nothing Mum, not for the next few days actually," he finally replied, picking his words carefully. His brain was more than a little foggy so it wasn't the easiest task.

"Oh that's great honey, you definitely deserve some down time," she replied happily.

Harry chewed down on his lip thoughtfully. He had some time to himself. Some time to spend at home.

"Are you busy at all? Would it be okay if I came over for a night or two?" He asked, sitting up to hang his legs over the side of his bed. It was an amazing idea and just the thought of being back home had energised him a little.

"Of course Haz! I'd love that! Gemma's home at the moment too, oh, this is so cool! When are you going to get here?!" Anne laughed excitably, making Harry grin to himself. He rubbed the back of his warm neck, "I'll pack a bag and then leave Mum, I'll be there in time for dinner."

"Okay Baby, I'll make sure to make enough for you. See you then!"

Harry croaked out a quick goodbye and hung up before he ended up coughing into the phone and giving away the act he'd put on. His throat was just so dry, the acid from throwing up had made it even more sore.