April 18, 1779

The rest of yesterday was a blur, and today I was so out of it. As long as I stay away from people, I should be fine.
     Alex just walked in the tent... Great. Crap he's walking this way and I'm frantically writing this...

     Hi I'm John and I love my boyfriend. This is totally not Alex. John's not yelling at me to give this back. You can't hear it so it's not happening. I want to be the best someday, I will pro-

     Finally got it back, need to put it away. But wait, his handwriting... It's so smooth and nice-looking... Holy crap this guy is good at everything...
----------------------------------
     I was able to calm John down enough to get him to sleep. He really looked like he needed it. I'll keep writing after I read through the rest of this.
-       -        -        -        -         -        -
    Wow he writes a lot, and he want to be the best? Good luck defeating me, John. I know you'll read this later, getting caught up in how "smooth" my handwriting is. If you want to keep this going, I guess I can for now. You're sleep-talking, John, telling a bunch of random stories. Are these things that happened in your childhood? I'll keep writing later, I'm going to listen to your stories for now, see if they make any sense.
-----------------------------------
     ALEX JUST READ THIS NO WHY! I KNEW I COULDN'T TRUST BEING AROUND PEOPLE TODAY! ESPECIALLY PEOPLE LIKE ALEX WHO ARE JUST So calming... Stay calm... Right...
     Speaking of Alex, guesssss who's back!? He walks over to me and grabs my arm. Stop blushing John, dammit. He pulls me out of the tent and continues bringing me over to Washington's tent. Crap. Did I do something wrong? We enter and Washington looks at us, faking a smile. Something isn't right here.
     "So I have had a minor problem at home," he starts, "Martha and the kids are slowly getting very ill and I need to head back. I need you two in charge while I'm gone. I'm not sure how long I'll be." That's why he was fake smiling, that doesn't sound good. I slowly nod yes and he thanks us before grabbing a bag and leaving his tent.
------------------------------------
     Guess who's back? John's sleeping... Again... And talking... Again... I already have a couple secrets from your stories, so waaaaatchhh out John. Just kidding. I do have secrets but I love you too much to do anything beyond just knowing them. I think you're waking up so I'll just put this back now.
---------------------------------
     I can't believe Alex... There has to be something I can do to get even with him... Wait. His family. No... that's too cruel. But I have to be cruel if I want to win. It's lunch time so I need to go, I'll write if I have any free time later. It's time to explain to everyone else why Washington isn't here.
---------------------------------------
"Hello everyone. There's an announcement that needs to be made. As some of you may have already noticed, Washington is no longer at this camp for now. He had more important things to worry about, like his family-" I look at Alex trying to hint to him what's about to go down, "He will hopefully be returning by the end of this camp and we can have a strong finish. For now, we need everyone to work their hardest!" I look over at Alex again, who is now looking back at me, "Speaking of family..." He continues looking at me and mouths 'Don't you dare.' I mouth back, 'Sorry, I have to, Mr. Steal my journal.' "I think Alex has something to tell everyone about his family." I can't believe you did this John, you knew I didn't want this to happen. You knew I didn't want to tell anyone. He takes a deep breath before saying, "I guess since John threw this on me... I... uh... don't have a real family, my dad ran away when I was young, my mother died, and I never really saw my brother after that..."
---------------------------------------
     I heard people taking deep breaths, trying not to cry, although most failed. Alex quickly stormed out of the cafeteria, his eyes full of tears. I tried to call after him, but he either didn't hear me or was ignoring me. I ruined it... I ruined everything... I shouldn't have forced this on him... He obviously wasn't ready... He gave me all the hints...
     I started running after him and he heard my footsteps behind him. He turned around, and not saying anything, shoved me to the ground and started running away, crying.