Chapter Twenty Four

Mulai dari awal

"Fair enough," Zay says.

I guess I don't get to give Riley a dare now.

"Oh, and you can't involve me in any dares now. I'm a passive observer," Riley says.

"Okay Zay, secret or humiliation, even though they could go together?" I ask.

"Well, I don't think those were the right words but truth," he says.

"Didn't you just call Lucas a wimp for picking truth?" I ask with a smirk.

"That's not important," he says.

"Fine. Okay. Do you like anyone?" I ask. His eyes start shifting around the room.

"Nope," he says.

"I don't believe you," I say.

"You should, I am perfectly fine being single," he says.

"But that doesn't mean you can't like someone," I say.

"I swear I don't," he says.

"Hey Riles," I say.

"Yeah?" she asks.

"Can you like... exit the room for a second? Maybe he will tell me if you aren't here."

"I guess," she says. She stands up and walks out of the room, making sure to close the door.

"Can you tell me now?" I ask with a puppy dog frown.

"Maya..." he says.

"You either tell me or you lose one forfeit, that's how this game works," I say.

"I can't lose on a truth," he says looking down.

"I swear I won't tell anyone, that's like the unspoken rule of truth or dare, because it's the right thing to do," I say, putting my hand on his knee.

I don't think we have ever had such a meaningful conversation before. It's weird how truth or dare might make us better friends.

"Ok... It's uh, I can't," he mutters under his breath.

"Can I try to guess?" I ask.

"Uh, you can try."

"Is it anyone in the group?"

He just stares at me. I'm assuming that means yes.

"So it is?"

He lightly nods his head and looks down and his hands.

I almost don't want to guess at this point. It is either Smackle or Riley. Or... me. Maybe he does like me. What did I do? I didn't even think about that maybe that's why he's scared to tell me, oh no.

"Okay you don't have to tell me, I'm sorry," I say quickly.

"But I have to."

"No you don't, it's okay I won't count it against you," I say. My heartbeat is picking up in my chest. Oh please don't let it be me. The last thing I want to do is hurt him.

"It's the rule."

"Zay..."

"Do you want to guess or do you want me to tell you?"

Wait what if he likes Farkle or something? I mean he probably doesn't but it's not impossible.

"Up to you."

"I think I would rather you guess," he says sighing.

"Riley?" I ask, he shakes his head. I can feel my palms start to sweat.