"Hi, how was class?"

"Good! Finished all my assignments so nothing to do this weekend!"

"Awesome, so party tomorrow night?"

"Sure, I need to relieve some tension."

"Can we stop at the mall real quick, I ran out of some stuff?"

"Sure"

Pulling into the mall, Brace said she would just be a few minutes as she ran into the store. She needed some toothpaste, eyeliner and to grab some pictures she had take at the boardwalk her first night back. As she heads to the cash she recognized a face from her Bio-Chem lab, Liam.

"Hey Brace! How's it going?"

"Hi Liam, it's good. How about you?"

"Good! I'm glad I ran into you. I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

Brace immediately thought of Lex, giving herself a mental shake she forcibly shoved his image from her mind. Screw that, he made his choice.

"Sure, I'd love that" she heard herself saying.

"How about tomorrow night?"

"Ummm... tomorrow night I am going to a party with friends" Brace said thinking quickly, "but you are more than welcome to come with!"

"Sure, I'm always up for a party. Meet you at your dorm, 8ish tomorrow night?

"Perfect, see you then!"

Brace smiling paid for her purchases and headed back out to the car. Topaz noticed and asked,

"Why are you smiling?"

"I have a date tomorrow night for the party!" Brace exclaimed excitedly

Topaz frowns "Are you sure bringing a date to a party where Lex is guaranteed to be is a good idea?"

"What do you mean?" Brace asked, looking away.

"Look it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he is the reason you ran last time, that something happened between you two."

"It is in the past" argued Brace

"It isn't! And you aren't the only one that suffered last time. You don't know what Lex went through when you ran."

"He made his decision Topaz, I can't wait around until he decides to change it, if he ever does."

"I'm just saying, taking a guy to a crew party might be like adding gas to a flame."

"So I should go alone and watch whatever flavor of the week he decides to bring paw all over him?"

Topaz sighed, "No I guess you are right."

"So want to get ready at my dorm, I am going to start staying back there tomorrow night."

"Sure, but do you thinking going back there to stay right now is wise?"

"Can't live my life in fear, so I need to move back"

"Okay, I'll be there at 6pm."

"Perfect!" Brace said as the pulled into the driveway at her parent's house.

They ate supper with Jake and Brace told him she was moving back to the dorm tomorrow night. He objected as she expected but she stayed firm in her need for independence and to not be ruled by fear so he relented.

Classes went fast the next day and before she knew it Topaz was at her door to get ready.

"So what should we wear tonight?"

"You're on a date so something to make him weep! Topaz giggled.

They both started to laugh as they tumbled into the closet to pull out clothes. Topaz pulled out a gorgeous sapphire blue, backless dress. It had no sides either, instead it was held together with fine chains every couple of inches from front to back exposing skin all the way down to mid-thigh where the dress ended.

"This, you need to wear this!" exclaimed Topaz

It really was a fantastic dress, one of her most daring ones she hadn't brought herself to wear yet. But she was feeling just daring enough tonight to wear it.

"Alright!"

Then reaching past Topaz she pulled a deep purple with a plunging neckline out.

"If you wear this one!"

"Deal!" Topaz said and off they went to get ready.

At 8 o'clock was a knock at the door, Topaz answered stepping back so Liam ccould get a good look at Brace as she gathered her things behind them. His jaw dropped open when he saw her in the blue dress.

Topaz leaned in "You should pick your jaw up before she turns around"

Liam pulled himself together so when Brace turned around she was greeted with his wide smile.

"Ready to go?"

"Absolutely!"

"Jake just texted to say he is there."

"Perfect" Brace said locking the door behind her as they headed to Liam's car.

*****

At the party Jake grabbed a beer, scanning the room. He saw Lex across the way with their typical group friends, of course with a female hanging off of him who he wasn't paying any attention to. There were going to be fireworks tonight once Brace got here with her date, he just hoped both his sister and his best friend came through it in one piece. As he pulled up a chair facing Lex so he could see his expression when Brace walked in. Both him and Topaz had agreed these two needed some help to find each other, so Topaz was going to ensure that Brace's outfit was killer and Jake was going to run interference and keep Lex from killing Brace's date.

Liam pulled up behind the other cars, kids streaming in and out of the house.

"Wow you weren't kidding about a party!"

"Yeah, townies never do anything small." Topaz said with a smile.

Liam gets out of the car coming around to open their doors,  helping each out in turn. All eyes turn to stare as the girls, they look beyond amazing and Liam preened beside them to have so much attention and attending with the hottest girl at the party, it was turning into a great night.

A hush falls over the party as Liam entered the house just ahead of the girls, turning to ask them what they wanted him to grab them to drink. Jake was tense and ready as soon as he heard the quiet, Lex looked up and his eyes darkened and narrowed to slits as he saw Brace. With a growl Lex was up and starting across the room,

"Don't do it!" Jake cautioned as he got up and blocked Lex's way.

"Get out of my way, Jake!" he bit out between clenched teeth.

"No, you aren't going to ruin her date! This guy likes her and she was excited to go out with him."

"Did you see what she's wearing?"

"It doesn't matter, she's an adult."

"Well I hope you feel the same way about Topaz since she it looks like Brace let her borrow a dress!"

Jake's head snapped around, ahhh hell! Now why did she have to do that! Like it wasn't torture to bunk with her and not touch her, pretending he viewed her as a kid sister.

"God damn it, what the hell was she thinking?" Jake swore.

"Not so calm now are you?" taunted Lex.

Jake turned to glare at him, seeing the other guys at the party noticing the girls too. Cursing the girls and realizing that the plan for Lex and Brace had worked out but not counting on Topaz's role in it.