[06]

*Edited*

*Edited*

---

I sat in my room, flicking through a magazine, trying to find a new outfit. My phone sat on my bedside table, charging when it buzzed. Placing the magazine down, I grabbed my phone, reading the text. Jasper was asking to do the project. I agreed. 

I began getting ready for the project. Grabbing my folders, I put them in the small box I had full of books and notes that would help with the project. Soon after I had grabbed what I needed the doorbell rung. I ran down the stairs, the box in hand, opening the door to Jasper.

"Hey, come in," I greeted, moving out of the way. I kicked the door shut behind him and lead him into the living room. I placed the box down, sitting on the sofa. Jasper stayed standing. "You can sit down," I spoke, raising my eyebrow at him. "You seem on edge," I pointed out as he sat down. "Anyway, I have a bunch of notes on the Civil Rights Movement that we can use in there." I gestured towards it. 

he started at the pile of papers and books, "That's a lot of notes."

"Some of it is books, autobiographies, textbooks," I explained. "I like to study my own history. It reminds me that our rights didn't come with the Civil War and the liberation or the Civil Rights Movement and the laws. We're still fighting for our rights." I smiled weakly at him, turning towards the box. "Anyway." I clapped my hands together, pulling out a large ring binder.

---

Yet again it was cold and wet in Forks, no surprise there. I tapped my foot, watching the water splash upwards in tiny droplets. I was standing with Bella (who was once again staring at the Cullen's, what a shocker). 

"I've said it before, I'll say it again. Staring is rude and you're a stalker," I spoke up, glancing towards her. She ignored me and instead glared. "Just reminding you."

"Look at you, huh? You're alive," Mike exclaimed, blocking Bella's view.

"I'm out," I muttered, leaving the two alone. I stood by the bus, watching both of them talk. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, guys! Come on," Mr Molina instructed, gesturing for us all to enter the buses. "We gotta go, we gotta go!" I started walking to the door of the bus, glancing back at Bella, who was following. "Green is what? Good! Let's go." I boarded the bus, taking a seat and saving the other for Bella. The ride began, Bells next to me, silent for most of it.

"If Mike asks, we're going to Jacksonville during prom," she informed me.

"Really?" I questioned. "I was gonna go," I complained, leaning against her shoulder. 

She sighed, "Then say you sold your ticket, but it was non-refundable, okay?"

"Hey, I got your back," I informed, nudging her.