"How do you even find these places?" He asked bewildered.

"You know I make use of nights," She replied.

Walking amid pile of scrap of vehicles, they looked around to find a place to settle.

"There," She pointed towards an old military truck.

Walking to it, they looked at it absentmindedly. It was a fat lie that they knew what they were going to do today. This newly found space where they weren't arguing or fighting was awkward if they were asked. His mind had gone for walk as usual while hers had started working at abnormal speed. He knew she was up to something which he couldn't guess.

____________

Harshad yawned as he stared the wall with sleepy eyes. It was a hard day with a lot of drills and classes. Second term was difficult. He wanted to make use of Quiet time very wisely. He had only one thing on his mind which was sleep.

"Where is Manik?" Samit asked as he crashed into his bed.

Harshad rolled his eyes not wanting to answer because he was tired of answering. How could he tell that he had gone to spend some time with Nandini.

"He has a bad stomach so he might just stay in bathroom only," Harshad replied carelessly. He wanted to come up with a nasty cover-up just to avenge jerk of his friend.

"Poor lad," Samit exclaimed before he got busy somewhere.

Well, Harshad knew where Manik was. He had become know-it-all nanny of him these days.

"Where is Manik?" Another cadet asked and Harshad threw the pillow on him.

"Do I look like his nanny?" He barked and that boy made what-is-even-wrong-with-you face.

"Calm down, buddy. I was just asking," That boy said.

"Manik has got some private business," Samit answered to wrap the matter. He gave Harshad a He-has-got-it nod and Harshad dug his head in mattress not wanting to role play.

"Screw you Manik," He yelled.

________

Manik flipped her wrist to see the time. It indicated 3:12 and that meant he had 48 more minutes with her. Her head was on his shoulder as she laid there leaning on him. She held his fingers and doodled something over her own palm.

"Cadet," She called and he hummed. He was trying to decipher what she was doodling there.

"I have questions," She said and Manik came out of reverie. He hated that phrase.

"Questions?" He asked unsure.

"Yes," She replied hopping onto his lap. Straddling him, she looked at him with puppy eyes.

Manik huffed in defeat and straightened with she still on his legs.

"Shoot," He said looking dead serious as if he was going to answer an exam.

"What do you think about me?" She asked and Manik knew he was going to fail already. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. He seemed to be in some thought and then looked at her. She looked dangerous while she stared his face. Manik suddenly felt need to straighten his back more. His hands touched her bare knees for a second or two as he balanced her. She held his withdrawn hands again and placed them again on her knees. He smiled nervously.

"You...are...incredible..Nandini," He answered and she yawned, faked it.

"You are...crazy...least to say," He chuckled at God knew what.