12: The Suspicion

We Had To Make Some Heads Turn, We Had To Put This To You

Today had not started off to be the most successful of days; I'd over slept by nearly an hour, and arriving to school late, despite have practically sprinted through the gates and far too many sets of double doors in painfully empty corridors, I still found myself with a late mark that could possibly add up to a detention of some teacher felt cruel enough, and considering what had happened with Vic storming off just yesterday, I wasn't sure that he'd be awfully keen to bust me out of yet another detention unnecessarily, but you never know; all I had to do was hope. But hoping in such a cruel and messed up world as this could truly be a sign of insanity.

There was also, of course the matter that I still had to walk into whatever class I had currently, and not just a five minutes late, but I'd have to walk in almost half-way through it. It was most certainly not a pleasant experience to have thirty sets of judgemental eyes upon you as you stumbled towards your seat in a desperate attempt to not draw attention to the fact that you'd majorly fucked up with your sleeping schedule this morning.

Then of course I'd end up pole-vaulting over a chair or some shit like that accidentally and some poor sod would have to cart me down to the school nurse who'd just put a wet paper towel on it and then assume I'll be fine, because healthcare is obviously at it's prime in shitty high schools full of people trying to care less than the dude next to them.

"Ah, Mr Quinn, late are we?" Somehow, Mr Chins had managed to waltz his way into the registration office, still wearing P.E. shorts and polo top that looks like it was made in the 70s. His top lip turned up into a snarl as he surveyed my ragdoll like appearance; waking up as late as I did, did not give you and awful lot of time to successfully present yourself to the world.

"Yes, sir." I made an extra effort to not be anything but exceptionally polite towards him, because I think he'd made no hesitance in killing me otherwise. Mr Chins did look awfully like the murdering type and I really do think that it should be concerning me an awful lot more than it currently is, but then again, I do seem to have much more pressing matters on my mind, pressing matters involving a certain Vic Fuentes, perhaps.

He scoffed, his eyes rolling back into their sockets, in a creepy and somewhat demonic way, which made me wonder if I should begin making a habit of bringing a flask of holy water to school now, or would that just be little on the extreme side?

"Just be glad you got your little boyfriend to get you out of my class, because otherwise I doubt you would have even woken up today." He snarled at me, and fuck- I began to question if he could even say that. I assumed not, but I doubted that legality was hardly one of his priorities. Mr Chins and legality had a relationship comparable to mine and Vic's, which did turn out awfully ironically now didn't it?

"He-He's not my b-boyfriend-" Mr Chins just glared at me, as if I'd been the one to pass an utterly inappropriate and untrue remark. But Vic was most definitely not my boyfriend, and maybe not even or barely my friend, and even to think of being in love with, him being thought of being in love with him was just weird. It wasn't disturbing, or creepy, I don't think, I think it's just weird, odd maybe. Unusual, maybe? I think it's just that I never even thought that a thought like this could possibly occur within the frames of reality.

"I've heard what they all say about you and your little fag boyfriend, Quinn." Fuck. What? What? What were they all saying about me, what the hell? What was going on? What? "That Jenny girl, I've heard it all from her and her boyfriend." Wait what? Nothing made any sense? If Vic was Jenny's boyfriend- then wait, what was happening? Had she gotten a new one just so quickly? Fuck, who was it? Fuck... but I don't know. Nothing adds up any more and my head feels like it's ready to fall off.