Was this a date?

based off of prompt/blurb in picture 

simons pov

~~~~~

I'm so bloody hungry. But then again when am I not? Penny isn't home to cook for me since shes in America with Micah. I myself, don't know how to cook so i decide to just go get a scone from the bakery down the street.

I slip on my coat, scarf, and gloves before I walk down the hall but before i get to the stairs i notice the is a new vending machine.I back up down the hallway and almost trip on the rug.

And it has Aero bars in it. Not just Aero bars but mint Aero bars. My favorite.

The aero bars are only 1€ so I fish a few coins from my wallet. I slide 1€ into the machine and press 61B and wait for my Aero bar to come out. I watch as the machine slowly begins to spit out the bar. I watch and watch and shit. Its fucking stuck. I sigh realizing what i will have to do if i want my Aero bar, i'll have to stick my hand up the machine.

I sit down on the ground beside the machine and push open the slot that you would normally grab the food from. I slowly stick my hand up the gap and grab the bar. Hell yes. When i begin to pull down my arm is when i realize i'm stuck. Fuck. well if i'm gonna be stuck, might as well get my candy. I drop the Aero bar and it lands beside where my arm is inside the machine. I use my free arm the grab the candy and rip open the package with my teeth. I gleefully eat it all and tuck the wrapper into my pocket. I begin to stand until i feel a tug at my arm and fall down again.

Shit, i'm stuck. I forgot. How am i going to get out?

As if on cue the door that faces across the hall from mine opens and the own walks out of the apartment. Its my very attractive neighbor. Hes scrolling on his phone as he walks and looks up slightly. He sees me in my current position and its quite frankly one of the worst first impressions ever, even for me. He looks at me strangely and begins to walk slower than before but now with his phone in his pocket.

When he reaches me sitting on the floor his eyebrows raise and he nods a bit.

"Need some help there?" he asks and I nod.

"Alright, sorry if this is weird by the way." he warns before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. My arm slips out of the machine and i fall back onto his chest. Shit.

He laughs as we both stand, brushing some dirt off of himself.

"Thanks" i mutter.

"Anytime, but why didn't your girlfriend come save you?" he questions.

"She actually my best friend, she in America with her boyfriend right now." i manage to mumble and he somehow hears me.

Nodding, he says "well then next time you want to get a snack, let me know Snow. Im buying."

He walks down the hall and down the stairs without saying another word.

Holy shit.

-

"Penny Penny Penny!!!!" I exclaim to my phone "The cute boy from across the hall, y'know that one!!!!!" I'm practically yelling at this point and Penny says

"Baz? Yes i'm aware of him"

"Oh god Pen, yesterday I got stuck in the vending machine and he helped me get unstuck and then invited me to go out for lunch with him! I think today i'm going to see if he can because shit i'm hungry and i have no idea how to cook!"

I hear PEnny going "hmmmmmm" on the other line before telling me "Okay Si, have fun. Remember to use protection!" and i can practically hear the smile in her voice.