Trouble found me

"Great, astronomy!" I sighed and grabbed my backpack from the damp grass. The hooting of the owls and the delicious evening breeze in the courtyard had temporarily taken my mind off the impending torture that was that class. It was good torture in a way. But painful to get through nevertheless. I guess I was a bit of a masochist like that.

"Urgh, I know!" My friend Annie scowled. "Ring can be such a dickhead sometimes!"

The dickhead in question was Professor Ring, the astronomy professor whose class we were taking at Imperial College. I personally was a physics and chemistry double major so I just enrolled in Astronomy as an elective course. Annie was fascinated with stargazing and studying nebulae and black holes and such, so she was stuck. Poor thing.

I, on the other hand, hadn't done my research before getting into the darned class. Now I was kicking myself. Prof. Ring was brilliant however very demanding and could get
incredibly condescending if you didn't know the answer to his question. He had certainly brought more than one person to the verge of tears this semester.

However I didn't have a problem with the bloke.

I had a pretty big problem with his teaching assistant.

"Yeah, Ring blows" I nodded, hooking my arm under Annie's for moral support as we headed towards the Astrophysics hall. We had lectures two times a week and a nighttime laboratory section that started at 10pm on Friday. So that's where we were headed now. We had to climb quite a few flights of stairs, as the room was on the top of the science building. I could feel my throat getting dry and my lungs begging for oxygen already.

"Oh my god, you are so unfit, dear!" Annie laughed commenting on my flushed face and ragged breath. "Shall I call an ambulance?"

"Shut up, Annie." I snapped, although I wasn't really mad at her. "You know I always have a low-key meltdown before this class"

"Oh yeah, I know" She chuckled. "Can't tell if it is because of how much you can't stand Ring or how much you want to bang Brian?!" She wiggled her eyebrows with a massive grin plastered on her face.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, shush, Annie!" I glared at my best friend. "I don't want to"-I looked around anxiously and lowered my voice-"...bang anyone. Not everyone is as horny as you. Maybe you wanna snog him that's why you make stuff up?" I asked, a sly smile growing on my lips.

"Sure, I want to." Annie agreed, shamelessly. We had reached the landing in front of the classroom. No one was here yet but we could hear the other students' voices downstairs. They were growing louder as the rest of the class was getting up the stairs.

"May is a fiiiiiiine piece of ass." She said as she leaned on the door, which proved to be an unwise decision, because the door flung open unexpectedly. Annie tripped backwards quite ungraciously and I just stood there stunned, not registering I should have given her a hand. At the door stood no other but Brian himself, who got almost knocked over by the unexpected collision with Annie's body. Wide hazel eyes and his mouth half-open in surprise, he managed to catch her last minute before they both crashed on the floor with a loud bang.

I covered my face, my cheeks on fire. Fuck. This did not just happen. How mortifying. Jesus!

Then I heard Professor Ring's sour voice from behind Brian.

"Miss Watson, Miss Fedorov, care to explain yourselves?"

****************************************************************************************

Hello lovely reader! This is my first story on here.  I hope you enjoy this first little teaser chapter. The story will be Brian-centered but the rest of Queen will hopefully have an important part as well. I have to preemptively apologize if my characters don't sound too British. I don't live in the U.K.so I think it would be odd if I try to sound overly British. But I will try my best to stay true to the spirit of the time! Let me know what you think.

Music to enjoy with this chapter: "Don't Save Me" by HAIM