Chapter〔2〕- Those Three Hours

Koryu had self-admitted herself to the deathly jaws of her step-father by returning to him. He fired spears at her in the 'where have you been,' 'how dare you hide from me' and 'what disrespect you have.'  

Rebuttal, he could have found her on his own but he was just yelling while lying lazy on a mat, not moving a muscle. Koryu thought he had more disrespect when taking to account her six years of servitude. She wanted to slam all those words in his face but a docile fear inside of her decided not to.

As the punishment for running away and letting the 'seasonal' seashells go to waste, she had to go the whole day tomorrow without eating, starting today.

No matter.

She was going to disappear sooner than that.

To be honest, a day of starvation is probably too much as a punishment, what would happen to all those people with gastritis?

Anyway, Koryu still had to go through the three hours having dinner with her step-parents. Hold up, let rephrase. She was helping them with their dinner.

"Koryu-san. Feed me."

"What?"

"I said - Feed me!" Her step-father grumbled at the table. "Be grateful that you are still being part of dinner."

Idiot.

Sorry for the language but he really can be getting on Koryu's nerves.

"Why should I?"

"So you can practice of course, we need to build up your quality before you are sold to a worthy buyer at high price, both mentally and physically."

Being somehow embarrassed by his ambiguous speech, Koryu flushed and instinctively covered her chest, she took a few steps backwards from the table with a red face looking at the floor. To her rescue, a sharp slash of palm-against-cheek rang in the room and echoed down the hallway.

Her step-mother did not do that for Koryu's sake but for the liberal rights of women in general.

"Watch your words, Uncle!" She yelp.

"Alright, alright. I take back that last part. Koryu! My serving." Shoving the matter aside halfheartedly, the step-father opened his mouth and ordered Koryu to feed it.

A dark shadow painted the visage of her face. Without any word, she did as she was told. Grabbing a spoon rather roughly, she scooped up some petty food on the plate and dumped it inside the O-shaped garbage bin a.k.a his mouth.

Just choke already, her heart yelled at him.

This was damaging to her. Having to be serving him his whole meal was very stressful. The sin of gluttony sat on the dinner chair while the attractive hostess processed the food to be conveyor-belted into his void cavity like spontaneously pulling the lever of a rigged gacha machine. He had stock-piled many delicacies on his plate which prolonged dinner time as how normal days would.

Every now and then, she had to bend down to the plate and utilise the full set of silverware to cut up some chicken or de-bone a whole salmon. All of these were worthwhile for her step-father as he did nothing and got free looks at her cleavage, pervert. Hentai, what you would prefer to call it, jump into the screen and throw him to hell. For Koryu, she was just a poor, innocent little girl who resisted tearing and eating everything she was dumping in the trash can.

He did not deserve all this food, it looked like a king sized meal that went on for hours and hours. Koryu could just take an apple and be satisfied for the rest of the day while her step-father had to waste so much food in the world and contribute to the downfall of the human race. An apple a day keeps the doctor away but a high-class French cuisine could not keep the buttons from popping off his expensive suit.