Prologue

I had to get out. I had no choice. I'm not being selfish. I kept repeating in my head.

I was running down the sidewalk next to an empty road. I guess the roads aren't so busy when it's 2 am. It's probably dangerous for a 16 year old girl to be alone in the streets at this time but it's better than going back home.

I kept passing fast food places, so desperately wanting to sit down and eat. But I don't have any money on me so I better get the idea out of my head. I turned a corner and ran by a gym. As I was passing, the door to the gym flung open and hit me smack dab in the face. I started seeing stars and stumbled backwards to the ground.

I shook my head as my vision cleared. I looked up to see a guy from my school, Tyler to be exact. He was holding out his hand for me. I just stared at his hand like it was alien.

"Are you going to just sit there and stare at my hand or are you going to let me help you" he asked. I shook my head once more then took his hand. It was soft.

What kind of lotion does this guy use? I wondered.

He chuckled. "I don't use lotion" I pulled my hand away from his and looked down.

Shit now he probably things I'm a weirdo! I yelled at myself in my mind.

"I don't think your a total weirdo, only a partial weirdo" he teased as he shrugged his bag onto his other shoulder. I was about to make a snarky remark but thats when I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. Holy mother of abs. It's funny how a guys abs can make me forget what I'm doing.

"Like what you see?" He smirked and ran a hand through his brown hair. That's my weakness. Guys running their hands through their hair. I don't know why, it just is.

"Pfft you wish" I quickly snapped my eyes up to look at his face instead of his gorgeous, muscular body.

Then I remembered what happened tonight and quickly tugged my sleeves and sweater down so he couldn't see my arms or ribs. It didn't help that my sweater went just below my belly button. I probably looked like a hobo with my ripped jeans, cropped sweater (that had Daisy's on it), messy hair with my favorite flower crown around my head.

Yes that's right. I said flower crown. Got a problem with that?

"Uhm, I have to go" I said all to quickly and tried to speed walk past him.

He gently tugged my arm back but it still hurt. I tried not to show my pain but I know I winced. He had a confused look on his face.

"Are you hurt? You can come to my place, my moms a nurse" a random hot guy from my school just invited me to his house. Even if it's because he thinks I'm hurt. Which technically I am. But we can get to that later, because right now I need to escape from this conversation.

"Um no, that's not a good idea. Sorry gotta go bye" I pulled my arm away from him and sprinted down the sidewalk. I looked back and saw him running after me. This boy just does not give up does he?

I stopped and looked around for a place to go and maybe hide. I saw a chain linked fence and my eyes quickly trailed it to see a gate. It better not have a lock because I don't think I can handle climbing a fence right now.

I heard him shout for me to stop and wait but I just started running again towards the fence. I fiddled with it for a second before opening it and letting it slam behind me. I took off running farther into the woods until I saw a little clearing. The guy- Tyler- from earlier was no longer on my tail and I could finally slow down and start walking. My legs hurt big time, I haven't run that far or fast in a long time.

As I was walking I saw part of a roof? To a house? I didn't know anyone lived around here.

I pushed leaves and branches from trees out of my face and walked towards the odd house in the middle of the woods. This probably is a bad idea but I mean my life's screwed up already so why not add to it? If someone lives there it's probably a serial killer hiding dead bodies. No biggy.

As I got closer I could tell the house was quite small. It's like a little cabin. It also looks deserted. It had vines growing all over it. The paint was faded and wood was chipped. The deck had holes in it and the supposed garden was a wreck, a home for weeds and bugs instead of flowers and food.

I carefully stepped up the creaking stairs and onto the deck, avoiding the holes. There was some old chairs and a table on the right and some old pots hanging from the roof towards the left. The place where the screen door was supposed to be was missing and the actual door had dents in it.

I decided to go inside. But what if I find dead bodies all over the floor and blood stains everywhere? Well I'm taking the chance.

I pushed the creaky door open and immediately saw a living room. I slowly stepped through the doorway and walked over to an old couch. All the furniture was still there and there was no dead bodies. So far.

There was a very old looking tv and a recliner was placed next to the couch. There was a glass coffee table in front of the couch sitting on a off colored rug, everything was covered with dust and it was hard to breath with the stench of mold. There was also faded flower wallpaper.

I cautiously walked towards where I thought the kitchen was. When I entered I saw a small white- well now off white- fridge. The counters were a yellowish color and the walls had flower wallpaper. There was a stove, microwave and sink. No dishwasher sadly. The stove didn't look to bad and it was probably the newest item I've seen so far. The floors were white tile.

I looked in I think what was the main bedroom, it had faded blue and yellow shades of striped wallpaper and the floor was dark wood. There was a cream colored dresser in the corner and two side tables with old books in them. The bed was fairly large and had a flower comforter. The bed was made but the sheets were covered in dust as well as the dresser. There was a little lamp on one of the side tables and a vase on the other. I guess whoever used to live here really liked flowers. But that's ok so do I. Hence the flower crown and daisy cropped sweater.

The second room was a spare bedroom and it was set up the same way as the main one, except smaller and the walls had pastel pink roses.

There was one bathroom that was relatively small with the bathtub and shower combined. The shower curtain was ripped and had some holes here and there. It also had flower print. The toilet was small but surprisingly not very smelly or gross. The counter surrounding the sink was white and there was a dirty mirror in front of the sink on the wall. There was a small towel rack that looked like it was about to fall off the wall and a place to keep towels under the sink.

I realized no ones personal belongings were here. Like clothes, a toothbrush, etc. The only personal-ish items were plates, books, and the furniture.

I walked back into the living room and took a look around. By now sunlight was streaming through the windows and I checked my phone. 6:47 am. I wiped some of the dust off the couch and sat down, setting my bag beside me.

I took in my surroundings as the sun came up and streamed through the windows, filling the house with light. It was somehow calming. Beautiful.

I'm Aspen Smith and this is my story.

*****
Hey y'all!

So this is a little bit of information on Aspen and how she found the little cabin!

Doesn't Tyler seem nice. For now at least. *does evil laughter*

Welp. There ya go hope you enjoyed the first chapter-ish-prologue-ish thing I wrote.

Vote? Comment? Thanks. :)

Peace ✌🏻