Chapter 3 - Befuddled into Humiliation

Dedicated to noidea : ) cause she’s my friend…and I like her.

*THIS IS EXTREMELY UNEDITED!!

“You place too much importance... on the so-called purity of blood!  You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Chapter 3

            I sat there and stared at her as Rosie’s head fell down and into her plate for breakfast.

            “Rose, I know it’s early and a Monday but you’ve got a little something on your face,” I told her after pulling her head up and out of the slop.

            “Wha?” She mumbled. A biscuit fell out of her mouth. Ew.

            “That…is just so attractive that I don’t know what to do with myself,” I teased at her. She narrowed her eyes and mocked me, wiping her face clean of all residual butter.

            “So what’s the schedule for today?”

            “Arithmancy-“

            “-an extra hour of sleep you say? That sounds wonderful,” I laughed at her fatigued expression.

            “What were you doing up so late last night anyway? Testing love potions for a certain Ravenclaw boy?” I teased her. She’s had a crush on Michael Keller since second year.

            “Hardy-har-har, no. I was having trouble going to sleep over your loud snores and sleep-eating,”

            “For the last time, I do not chew in my sleep! That’s just plain weird,”

            “Which is why it shouldn’t be a surprise that you do it,”

            “Rose,” I growled out at her.

            “Oh, now I’m being growled at, I better watch what I say,”

            “You better watch what you eat that I don’t put sleeping potion in it,” I grumbled.

            “That would be lovely actually, I could use another few hours of sleep. Could you put in enough to send me to the hospital wing?”

            “You just want to go to the hospital wing because Mikey is Madam Pomfrey’s student assistant,”

            She glared at me, “Shut up shut up shut up!” I laughed and continued on with breakfast while my best friend sat pouting.

            “It’s time for Arithmancy anyway, let’s go,” She grumbled at me for interrupting her eating time but followed along anyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            “Class, please take out your Numerology and Grammatica textbook, and flip to page 1,” Professor Vector spoke with a slight wobble to her words as if they would collapse at any moment.

            I dug through my messenger bag and pulled out the textbook flipping to page one.

            “Now, today’s lesson will mostly be re-review from past years. Those of you who haven’t taken this class yet, I hope you will catch on quickly and pay attention because there’s no re-repetition in my classroom.” She moved on to explaining the first chart and that’s where my mind started drifting off.