The after-effects

Samaya’s POV

After coming back home, Samaya didn’t have much to do. She changed her clothes and wore her comfy pyjama and a pink tank top. Although she had nothing much to do, but she was very busy – needless to say, she was thinking about her day, and especially the best part of the day – Aryan.  Her mind was to preoccupied with Aryan’s thoughts because of which she was not able to concentrate on anything else. Even though being in a room full of people, she was lost in her own dream world.Now, she was dying to talk to him. She wanted to talk to him day and night, endlessly, about him, but she didn’t find enough courage to call him. Whenever the thought came to her mind, Suddenly her brain would pop out like an alarm – “SHUTUP! HE’S TANYA’S BROTHER AFTERALL!”

 She wanted to call him.She just couldn’t stop thinking about him.But then She felt it was not the right time to do so. Also, they haven’t exchanged their numbers yet. And calling Tanya in the middle of the night to talk to Aryan was totally a bad idea. However, she knew that Tanya must have figured out till now that something’s going wrong with her.Finally, she resisted to call.

She woke up lat 11 the next morning. Samaya was more of a morning person though, but she had a sleepless night and she ended up sleeping late.

“Samaya, Are you okay? How can YOU afford to miss your morning walk?!” asked her mother.

“Yaa Maa, I’m fine. Was just a little too tired for a walk. So my bed suggested me to sleep a little more, and I agreed!” she ssaid smiling.

“Haha! Okay! But I hope it was just for today. Go have bath and Im going to make some toasts for you.”

“Yeah Maa!”

She went for her bath and had her scrumptious breakfast. Though they were the regular toasts, but anything made by her mom was the most delicious food to her – anything excluded the vegetables she didn’t eat.

No matter whatever she did, she was just not able to concentrate. Finally Samaya ended up listening to her playlist. The songs turned more meaningful to her. She was listening to the songs, and this time, feeling them too. Every word just connected to her feelings at that time.

Why am I so obsessed with him? Should I tell Tanya? Maybe its time to tell her.

She was perplexed. But samaya knew that she will have to tell Tanya soon. Because Tanya was the only medium through which she could talk to Aryan. Moreover, Tanya was her BEST FRIEND.

"Okay I can't tell Tanya, but ofcourse I can tell my other best friend!" Samaya said to herself.

Without giving her thought another second, Samaya dialed Samar's number.

"Hey Samaya, wuddup?!"

"Don't you EVER have to call? I don't think you are that busy!"

"I can say the same to you!" Samar said teasingly

"Okay okay, we can fight later. I have something to share."

"Is it a guy thing?"

"That's why you are my best buddie. Yes it is."

"so, who is that not-so-lucky-guy afterrall, who managed to get SAMAYA SINGHANIA'S attention huh?"

"Aryan, Tanya's brother"

"Are you kidding me!!!!! He's TANYA's BRother!" Samar said totally shocked.

"that is why I told you first, dido" Samaya said, a little confused on Samar's reaction.

"Okay, I think you are not well. You take some rest. You are talking complete bullshit" he said.

"Dude, I'm serious and perfectly okay. I'll give you the details in the evening. Let's catch up at my place. At 5. Sharp. You hear that?"

"Yeah yeah i'll be there. Bye."

She hung up the phone and was a little confused.

Why did Samar react like this. I expected at least him to understand. Never mind, I know he will. finally I have someone to share my excitement and feelings with. After all That's what best friends are for!

Samaya was really glad and eagerly waited for Samar to come.

Aryan’s POV

How can someone be so beautiful! She is so simple yet beautiful. Her eyes! Oh God, why is she supposed to be my sister’s best friend! But this could give an edge to our story Yeah right, “OUR” story. Why am I thinking about her so much. She is just another girl. But she is special.

As Samaya was leaving, Aryan went outside to see her off with Tanya. Tanya waved her a goodbye, and so did Aryan. He kept waving and looking at her till she was out of sight. Meanwhile, Tanya kept looking at her awestrruck brother.

“So what is going on, dear brother?” Tanya winked.

“What? Nothing at all! Is anything wrong” Answered Aryan, blushing a bit and looking away.

“Do I have to tell you that now?”

“Oh please! Nothing’s going on. Relax sissy. Everything’s fine.” And Aryan went in.

Aryan, are you MAD!!! Your sister was just about to know that you fell for her friend, which won’t be acceptable on her part. Its not the right time to confess also. You just control yourself. You hear that? CONTROL!

With so many confusing thoughts in her mind, Tanya followed her brother back. Although she had some idea of what was going on, but she decided to stay away until any one of them tells her, rather confesses. She was not really happy about the two going together, as she feared that it could later affect her lovely bond woth Samaya. She just couldn’t afford to lose her at any cost. But She was helpless and didn’t want to unnecessarily interfere.

The day went normally. Tanya and Aryan didn’t talk much.

Before going to bed, Aryan went to Tanya’s room.

“hey!”

“hey!”

“you busy?”

“naah. Anything important?”

“no no, just came to say goodnight” Aryan smiled. But Tanya was totally aware that something was fishy. Afterall, her lazy lad won’t come to the first floor just to wish goodnight to his sister.

“Tanu..I just remembered, I needed your maths book. Had to prepare for a small test. Mine is lost.”

“Okay, take it from that shelf..its there.”

“Thanks, ‘night”

“night bro!”

Tanya went to the washroom. Aryan was just leaving when he saw Tanya’s phone on the bed.

“Ahaan! Its time. Thank you God, seriously!” Aryan said to himself with a smirk.He quickly went through Tanya’s contacts and managed to learn Samaya’s number by heart. He suddenly heard Tanya unlocking the door and he frantically threw the phone on the bed and ran downstairs to his room.

He then saved the number in his phone.

Samaya Singhania, I’m going to call you soon!