Last (Iwaizumi Hajime x Reader)

I don't own this story!!!

This story is written by AoriRihito on DeviantArt

-------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had a sentence written on their wrist; their soulmate's first sentence to them. When someone first saw their soulmate, they would feel a significant pull towards them, which was quite helpful since there were some common sentences like 'Welcome' or 'Excuse me'.

❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊

I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, please forgive me.

You were in the hospital, visiting a friend from school with your classmates. After talking with her for a while, you felt the urge to go to the toilet. Since the one in her room was occupied by your other friend, you had to go out to find another one.

You felt the weird tug when you were passing another patient's room.

The room was opened and you could see a man, a woman, and a handsome young man crying over the patient on the bed behind the doctor and nurses who were trying to save the patient. You could see the patient was a boy around your age with spiky black hair, and his face was covered by an oxygen mask, but his eyes were slightly opened.

You tried to ignore the uncomfortable tug in your chest, but it grew harsher when you walked away. So you went back and before you knew it, you had entered the room.

The nurses tried to get you to leave, but you brushed them off and kept walking until you reached his bedside. The doctor and his three visitors looked at you, confused, but unable to say anything. He turned his head at you with glassy eyes, and the moment your eyes met, you knew.

You felt your eyes grew misty so suddenly as words escaped your mouth, "You're going already?"

One of his hands shakily pulled the oxygen mask away and his other one reached your fisted hand. You looked down at his big hand which was holding yours, and you could see a sentence on his wrist. You're going already?

You heard the woman, probably his mother, gasped.

He didn't look away from your eyes. His green eyes bored into yours. He slowly opened his mouth and you could hear the beeping of the machine that kept track of his heartbeat starting to slow down.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, please forgive me."

And the machine gave a long beep.