Chapter 9: Pain and frustration

Depuis le début

"What of his cancer? What potions do you suggest can help?" Snape asked.

"Ah," there was an intelligent gaze in the Healer's eyes, "You are a Potions Master, oh yes. I see. As I have said earlier, a low level lavender content on his Dreamless Sleep. Every other night, three drops shall suffice. I shall write down as to his range in the lavender extract."

"A range? I thought--"

"There are days when his body shall feel the toll of the illness the most. As such, you can administer him with a higher content to help him. As for his frequent loss of breath, a Breath Reliever also works. There is another option of the Essence of Ease. As suggested by his vital signs, it also works both ways."

Snape gave him a gaze of understanding.

"There is also another thing, Professor. Harry Potter, as of now, cannot use his Magic, let alone hold his wand. It would prove to be too much for his current frail body state to do any Magic, of any state or form.

"I will write down his other medications and I will put them down on his chart. You can review them as they shall be open to you at any time you need it. Now, come. I need you to fill out his information details."

----0----0----0-----

Severus stared at the boy, with intensity. He had quite spent an hour in filling out Harry's information details, and was surprised to have had answered them with little to no difficulty.

How come he never noticed that he already knew too much about Lily's child?

Snape kept watch as the boy was constantly being checked by Healers. He always asked them what was the status of the child, and was at least at ease when they assured him time and time again that Harry was under a healing sleep. Most of the potions had been spelled to the boy's stomach.

"Professor? Do you not have a class on the morrow?" A young woman, whse brown eyes were filled with drowsiness, asked.

Snape looked up from the journal he was reading. It was a prior student of his. "Yes, Miss Strymon. I do have. But none of the other professors are out of obligations as of the moment."

She only nodded and went out of the room.

Snape went back to his reading.

---0----0----

Harry felt like he was floating in midair, but not a broom. He was floating himself. There was this constant hum of some sort of wind, but it was soft. He cannot see a thing. Only blackness and darkness. But then again, he realised that he was not opening his eyes.

Harry felt at peace. He wanted to stay there. Forever. Where no Voldemorts are out to seek revenge over some thing he was not even aware how he did. Where no Death Eaters are handling cursed books and his friends are safe. No Snape to sneer at him, no Malfoys to get under his skin.

Just... Him.

And here, there are no Boy-Who-Lived, no labels on his scar, no labels on him. He can be whoever he wanted to be. He can be just Harry here.

Harry wants to stay so bad.

But suddenly, there was a faint rustle of sheets. Then footsteps. They were coming closer and closer.

Then a voice. It was distant, but not so much. It was still clear and crisp.

"Everyone is worried sick about you, Potter. Would you believe that I am one of them?"

The speaker gave off a rather awkward chuckle. Harry was familiar with the voice. He just couldn't place who exactly, yet. His mind was still muddled at some point.