"Knock knock."

I turned my chair around and saw Hope standing at the door. I smiled at her and she walked further in.

"What can I do for you?"
"I must go to the airport to collect Haley and Jess if you'd like to come?"
"Why are they coming in so late?"
"Haley was visiting children in the hospital and Jess flew back from Wales."
"Ah that's nice of Haley. I'll go."
"Great, let's go."

I stood up and limped over to Hope. She smiled and led me down the hall. Mom was waiting at the kitchen door with my crutches. I smiled and kissed her cheek before taking my crutches and following Hope out to the car. The drive was silent except for the radio playing softly.

"Orlando Pride have just announced the return of the one and only Alex Morgan. Morgan has been away for half the season because she was in Lyon on loan. She won the Champions League with Lyon and played against our own Carli Lloyd in the semifinals in Manchester and in Lyon."
"It'll be great for the Pride to have Morgan back. Especially now alongside the GOAT herself, Marta. They're going to be such a threat for every other team."
"That's right. She's coming back early because of a hamstring injury she acquired during the final. Such a shame for her. She decided to come back now instead of waiting for her contract to end."
"I don't think that's the only reason. There have been speculations going around that Morgan and her national teammate Christen Press have a child. If that's the case I bet that Morgan just wants to see her kid again. I know I would after a long time away. She's due to arrive tonight 8 E.T. to Orlando. We'll have more news after the break."

Hope turned off the radio and sighed. I looked out the window and watched as the city come to life as we zoomed by. I could feel Hope looking at me every so often but I ignored it and continued looking out the window. We pulled into a car space ten minutes later and Hope turned off the engine.

"What time do their plane land?"
"Ten minutes. Let's go wait for them at their gate."

I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt. I opened my door and grabbed my crutches and hoped out. I closed the door and used my crutches to support me and crutched over to Hope. Hope put on sunglasses and a cap and I frowned. I know she doesn't want to get bombarded but it would be nice to go out with her if she didn't have to put on a disguise. I kept my head down but I knew she knew what I was thinking but didn't say anything.

Hope led me towards their gate and we leaned against the railing. I looked around at all the signs. I noticed hundreds of people with their USA jerseys and flags and some with signs quickly surround us. I turned around to see security guards quickly pile in. Hope wrapped her arm around me but I pulled away. I crutched away from her and towards an empty area. I caught my breath and then crutched out of the airport completely. I crutched to the car and sat on the hood waiting for her to come out. Hope lied to me. She made her way towards me and her disguise was off.

"Rachel? What was that about?"
"You lied to me."
"I know but I'm sorry. It was the only I could get you to come with me."
"Did you lie to mom too?"

She looked down at her hands and I sighed. We didn't park far from the entrance, only 20 meters, so I could her all the screaming coming from inside. Hope's phone started ringing and she answered it and walked away. I groaned and fell back against the windshield.

A few minutes later Hope came back with her. They were surrounded by security guards and paparazzi. I immediately got down from the car and snuck around the the other side away from them. The car unlocked and I climbed into the back seat. Thank god these windows are black out. The boot opened and the shouting and screams got louder. She got into the front seat and Hope got into the driver's seat.