9 || Lucky To Have Met You 「Okamoto Nobuhiko」

九。君に会ったことがラッキーだった「岡本信彦」

》》》

JhaePanda I forgot to dedicate Nobu's entire feature haha //slapped by KR (kasi nainggit kay Nobu //slapped again)

The visual has been found! ~ 07/05/2017

☆☆☆

Okamoto's PoV

And so, a week passed and I'm here again at the same restaurant for another date.

I was so nervous. (L/N)-san said that she'd bring me some black thunder today so I did my best to bake a cupcake for her. I swear, if I had a coin for every time I sweated, I'd be rich by now.

"Sorry, Okamoto-kun! I'm a bit late!" (L/N)-san said as she arrived and placed a small paper bag on the table.

"It's fine. I only arrived a few minutes ago." I reassured.

"Here's the black thunder that I promised you. Eat them well!" She said with a grin.

"I will! Uh, please, sit down!" I said as I gestured for her to sit on the chair across me.

"Okay." She said then sat down and placed her bag behind her back.

"Uhm, this is for you. It's for the trouble you went through to get me these." I said as I handed her a small box.

"Uwaa, thanks! I love cupcakes! I'm sure this is really expensive cause it looks so good!" She said.

"It's nothing. No, I just baked that myself." I said.

"You're kidding! I thought you were studying to be a voice actor? Is being a pastry chef another part-time job?" She asked.

"Uhm, no. I just really love sweets and learned to make them when I didn't have the money to buy some." I said.

"Wow! Really? I can't wait to eat this!" She said with a smile.

Her smile is really beautiful. I'd do anything to see it. Wait. What am I saying?

"So, Okamoto-kun, do you like your jobs?" She asked.

"Well, at first I didn't, but as I started to fully work at those jobs, somehow, I was really glad that I had the opportunity to do so. I never appreciated security guards, cashiers, and postmen, but ever since I started seeing things in their point of view, I loved their jobs and were very thankful for them." I said.

"Ohhh. You're really good at speaking like that! Are you used to interviews?" She asked.

"Thank you, but no haha. How about you, (L/N)-san, do you love your job at the candy store?" I asked.

I know, I'd love to work there but boo-hoo me.

"Of course. I used to be those children who'd drag their parents just to buy candy so I'm really happy when I see them. As for the little kids who come alone, I give them a tiny bit of discount just in case they need some funds to get back home." She said.

"I really like your job." I said.

"Thanks. I'd like to work at the post office sometime too." She said.

"I think I could fill in for your job. I know what the customers like since I like to visit a lot of candy stores. Kids like gummies, teenagers love sour belts, and adults enjoy licorice." I said.

"Well, that's the usual, but that doesn't apply every time." She said.

"Yeah, I know."

"I can arrange all those letters for you too. What do you say? Are you up for a little switch?" She asked.

"Only if our bosses agree and won't take anything out from our paycheck when we do that." I said then we both laughed.

"Say, Okamoto-kun, do you live away from your family?" She asked.

"Yeah, but it's not that far. They just live at Osaka so it's pretty convenient to visit them whenever I have time, but I rarely visit since they're the ones who come to see me at Tokyo." I said.

"So, uhm, I think we should order some food first." She said.

"Ah, right. Sorry, the thought suddenly slipped out of my mind." I said then we both laughed a bit.

"I guess you enjoyed talking to me too much haha!" She joked.

"Yeah, I did." I said then looked at her.

When she stared back, I suddenly blushed and averted eye contact with her.

"Uhm, excuse me, waiter!"

☆☆☆

A few minutes later, our food arrived and we haven't talked about anything since we ordered. We were just silently eating.

"Ah. It must be nice to have your family always near you." She said to cut the silence.

"What do you mean? Don't you have your family near you?" I asked.

"Well, no. My family, friends, and relatives are all the way at Akita. I grew up there. My family has financial problems and since I'm the only child that's already legal to work, I came here to find a good-paying job so I could support them. I don't really have anyone here at Tokyo. It's just me, my apartment, restaurants, and my job." She said.

"Ah, I see.." I said as she continued eating.

"W-Well, if you ever need company, you can call me." I said.

Okamoto Nobuhiko!? What the heck was that!?

"Thanks... I've never met someone like you before, Okamoto-kun. I'm glad that you're such a nice person." She said.

"Ah, it's nothing. Me too. I've never met someone like you, (L/N)-san." I said with a smile.

"I'm lucky to have met you, Okamoto-kun!" She said with a smile.

☆☆☆

After having lunch, we parted ways with a 'take care and thank you' since I had my classes this afternoon and she had work.

Now that I think about it, I would've regretted not accepting the blind date. I think (L/N)-san is an amazing person. I can't believe that she can endure such a lonesome live here, just for her family. Hearing her story makes me feel so inspired to keep on working hard. It also makes me feel sad for her that's why I offered to meet with her every now and then, even if it's not a date.

I really believe in (L/N)-san. Although she lives a life like that, she still manages to put on a smile every time we meet. I'm sure that's not her true smile, but I hope I'll see it someday. And when I see it, I want to able to say that I'm the reason why she's smiling like that.

I think that I'm the one who's really lucky to have met you, (L/N)-san.

06|26|2017 ~ 10:20 pm