"And for all it's worth, Mrs. Gray, I cannot wait to raise a family with you." He whispered, his lips brushing mine. I pressed my lips to his, discarding his once clean shirt, to the floor.

The next few days were crazier than normal. Mother made her journey home, to celebrate Katrina's upcoming birthday. She would turn twenty-three. She would wait for us to journey back for Christmas, an incredibly risky move for Victor. Several of his loyal campaign members have notified David that the police were searching for him. If he were to be seen by one, our chances would be over.

He began spending more and more time in the study, sometimes spending two days in seclusion before coming back to me. While I missed his company, I found more time to connect with Helen, and eventually Louisa when she came to visit. I regrettably missed her wedding to Robert, but they were quick to assure me that our presence was missed. Upon arrival, Robert joined my husband and father, begrudgingly, in the hopes of clearing Victor's name. I was glad that he was able to put his differences aside, since he was my dearest friend in the entire world. I believe part of that was Louisa's handy work. Louisa was an incredible woman. She was not angered that I chose Victor over her brother, and she surprised me by becoming my friend. She was my confidant and I was hers. A week after her arrival, she confessed to me that she was pregnant. She had not told Robert yet, since she believed that she was only a few months along.

"I have been very ill in the morning, and sometimes throughout the day!" She exclaimed, resting her hand over her still flat stomach. "But I haven't had my monthly since before the wedding! I don't want to tell Robert yet, because even though my family physician is certain, I do not want to get his hopes up. What if the pregnancy fails? I do not want to crush his hopes of a family."

"Louisa, Robert will be happy! He loves you, you know this. Even if the pregnancy fails, you have all the time in the world to try again." I said, resting my head in Helen's lap. I had been dizzy for most of the morning with a lack of appetite. I begged Helen and Louisa to stay quiet about this new development. I did not want to draw Victor away from his work. Not now, when they were so close.

"And you must remind Mr. Duvall to be a supportive husband and father during this time. When men are exposed to a situation they are not familiar with, they fall back on their training instead of instinct. He will try and see the medical side of it all and will never enjoy the pregnancy."

"Thank you Helen, for your wise words of wisdom." Louisa said, absent mindedly stroking my stomach. "Is this advice you gave Victor?"

"What are you talking about? Victor has never fathered a child, nor is Abby pregnant." Helen said as she combed her fingers through my hair.

"Of course she is! Yesterday she was violently sick before breakfast, then again after dinner! And from what I can tell, her stomach is considerably bigger than it was at my engagement ball. She must be a little farther along than I am." I looked at my new friend with wide eyes. Was I really that oblivious? Did I not notice my own weight gain?

"Help me stand, please? I need to see myself in the mirror." I whispered, attempting to sit up. My two friends assisted me to my mirror and watched me as I lifted my night gown over my stomach. For the first time, I notice the slight rounding of my stomach. How did I not this before? My knees buckled under me and I landed on the Persian rug. Louisa knelt beside me, saying something but I could not hear her.

"Someone get Victor, please." I heard myself say. I was in shock. I was pregnant. I brought my hands to my stomach and held it, rubbing my thumbs over my skin. Familiar hands were placed on my cheeks, bringing me to look at my husband's concerned face.

"Abigail," Victor croaked, running his thumbs over my cheeks. I hiccupped a sob as he pulled me into his arms. "Darling, whatever happened, it's alright. We can fix it." I shook my head as I grabbed his hand, making him splay his hand over my protruding stomach.

"I am with child." I said quietly. Victor stilled, his arms loosening around me.

"Oh her mother will not be pleased with me." I heard Papa mutter, drawing attention to the crowd of people in my bedroom.

"Are you sure, Abby?" I heard Robert ask, moving towards his wife. I nodded my head as I turned my attention back to Victor.

"Victor?" I whispered. With his eyes still glossed over, he pressed his lips to my forehead and let his thumb stroke my stomach.

"Let us give them some time alone." Papa said, ushering everyone out of the room. The door clicked shut after everyone left, leaving Victor and I huddled on the floor.

"What are you thinking?"

Victor tightened his arm around my waist, keeping his other hand on my stomach. He looked at me this time, his eyes lined with tears.

"What if I cannot be there for the two of you?" He asked, letting the tears stream down his face. "What kind of father would he be told about? A coward who could not fight for his freedom—"

"Do not talk like that. Our child will not need stories of his father, because he will be with us. He will play with our child daily, and love him, and coddle him. He will not grow up without both parents." I stated, wiping away his tears. "I will not let them take you away."

"Unless you know Queen Victoria, I do not think our chances are so great, my love." He whispered, leaning into my hands. I felt my own tears run down my cheeks, and I was unable to stop them.

"Victor, please, I beg you. Do not speak like this. I thought there was hope." I cried. Victor took my face in his hands and kissed me, like it was the last time he ever would.

"We have until the new Year, maybe. At best, if they convict me, I'll live out the rest of my life in prison. Our lawyer sees the jury favoring us." He paused, running his hand over my stomach. "And all I can see is you, sobbing as I hang from the gallows." I shook my head as I rose from his lap.

"I can tell you that I will never watch you die like that. That is because it will never happen. You have too many people depending on you, Victor. I refuse to raise a family without you, Victor." I said, resting a hand on my stomach. "It will take those bloody bastards a lot more than an edict to take you from me. I am your wife; I am pregnant and I am angry at the institution called the Military." I took my robe from our bed and wrapped it around my body.

"Now, it's my turn, Victor." I seethed, leaving for the study.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello Lovelies!

I apologize for the lack of updates on this story. THere are actually three updates I owe you, so I will get those out to you right now. I am  so sorry guys. 

I just got home from philly, and I loved it so much! I'll be working on a few updates when I can!

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho