Memories Haunt Me

Chapter Two: Memories Haunt Me

Laia's POV

A slight rattling noise woke me from my uncomfortable sleep. I slowly opened one eye, the light blinding me. I looked around the room i was in, the room i had been kept in for the last month. I thought of Damon, as i always did, i wondered if he had given up on me by now. A shuffling of feet outside meant it was time for lunch. A tray slid underneath the door at me and i sneered at it. The food was gross, the room was small and gross, and they were keeping me here to get information out of me that i had no idea.

"Eat" a gruff voice yelled and i shuffled quickly to the tray and grabbed it. I ate slowly, hating the taste and knowing i would need blood soon. I was a vampire afterall, they couldnt expect me to survive on human food. I rolled my eyes and continued to munch on the slop they had given me. Noone had talked to me in days, i was beginning to lose track of time.

"Laia" A voice called from the door. I rubbed my eyes, afraid i was hearing things. "Laia"

"Hello?" I answered quietly, my heart racing in my chest. Then a horrible scratching sound filled my ears as the door was opened. The blinding light made me cringe and shuffle back.

"Come, we have much to discuss" He commanded. I instantly listened and ran to the door, my small figure moving surprisingly fast for being locked in a room for so long. I followed his retreating figure through the corridor asking many questions, which i got no answer to.

"Why am i here?!?" I yelled in frustration. He kept his back to me, not even stopping as i yelled. He wasnt very tall, but he wasnt short either. He had brown hair, that was styled nicely. He was a good looking man from what i could tell. He looked young, but he was obviously a vampire so that didnt help much.

"Soon" He whispered, i rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, growling slightly. I was so frustrated, and home sick, and desperate to get out. I didnt have the strength to escape though, i needed blood. He led me outside to a small garden, the sun momentarily blinded me. I raised my arm to block the sun from my eyes, my diamond engagement ring glistening in the natural light, the reason i could walk in the sun.

*Flashback*

It was a warm sunny day, the grass the greenest i had seen it all summer. The sky the lighest blue, not a cloud in the sky. Me and my friends were sitting in the park, laying around in the sun while the boys played sports. A sweaty man ran up to me and hugged me, i had been laying on the grass sun-tanning.

"Damon" i giggled. "Youre gross"

"But you love me anyways" He smirked, kissing me.

"I do" i smiled, snuggling closer into his sweaty shirt.

"Get a room" Elena glared playfully.

"Dont get him started" i playfully scolded her as he wiggled his eyes suggestively.

"Gross" Bonnie snorted as she threw a frisbee to Caroline.

"I think its cute" Caroline shrugged, throwing it back.

"Thank you Caroline" i smiled as Bonnie threw me the frisbee.

"Robbed!" Damon yelled as he snatched the frisbee from the air right before i caught it and took off running. The girls all looked between eachother then took off running after him, i laughed to myself before following. The other boys had come over as they saw the excitement and teamed up, throwing it between each other to avoid us girls from getting it.

"This is sexist" Bonnie laughed as she jumped at it but missed.

"Oh whatever Bonnie" Tyler laughed as he threw it to Stefan to avoid Elena.