Kouta: “Excuse me, Kaede. I would like to talk to my friend (Y/N) for a minute.”

Kaede looked at me. What does he mean by ‘friend’?

(Y/N): “It's okay, Kaede. We’ll be back.”

As Kouta and I were walking behind a tree, Kouta spun me around and grabbed me by the collar. I was shocked by his actions.

Kouta: “Listen, I don't like you. In fact, I hate you. I’m in love with Kaede and you are not about to ruin that for me. Stay away from her and we won't have a problem.”

Kouta let me go as he walked away from me, wearing a smile to make Kaede believe we had a friendly conversation. The nerve of that guy. He doesn’t have the right to tell me what to do. The shine from the necklace in my pocket glistened in the remaining sunlight. I’m not about to let Kouta tell me what I can and cannot do with my friend. I do as I pleased.

Kaede POV

I was waiting for (Y/N) and Kouta to finish talking. Kouta came from behind the tree smiling but (Y/N) didn’t.

Kouta: “Let’s go shall we?”

Kaede: “Where’s (Y/N)?”

Kouta: “Don't worry about her. She knows how to take care of herself.”

Kouta took my arm and tried to make me go with him but I moved my arm from his grip.

Kaede: “No. She needs to come with us too.”

I walked towards the tree and saw (Y/N) sitting down with her knees against her chest. She had the hood over her head and laid her head on the arms. I tapped her and she put her head up.

Kaede: “Are you okay? Did Kouta do something to you?”

(Y/N): “Don't worry about it.”

(Y/N) POV

We were walking out of the zoo. Kaede and I were walking side by side. I heard a sound of someone clearing their throat purposely and I made distance between me and Kaede.

Kaede: “What’s wrong, (Y/N)?”

I looked back at Kouta and back at Kaede.

(Y/N): “Nothing.”

Kaede grabbed my hand. She tried to get my attention and I looked at her. Her eyes were filled with concern and worry.

Kaede: “You can tell me anything. Please tell me.”

(Y/N): “Maybe later.”

Kouta walked towards us. I moved back so I was behind them. Kaede continued to look back at me, still worried.

Time skip

Kouta went home and Kaede and I were trying to find a place to sleep. We found a small house and killed the inhabitants. Kaede was taking a shower while I was flicking through the channels on tv.

(Y/N): “News, Programming, Shopping network, and...Cooking channel.”

I ended up watching the news. The sound of running water going out meant that Kaede was done.

News: “The murders in Kamakura have increased ever since the new species of diclonius has risen. Officials wonder when this chaos with every end.”

Kaede: “Why are you watching the news?”

I didn’t answer her question. I continued to watch the tv until she shut the tv off.

(Y/N): “What was that for? I was watching that.”

Kaede: “What happened between you and Kouta? You have been acting weird and it's like you are trying to stay away from me.”

(Y/N): “It’s nothing.”

Kaede: “I’m not taking no for an answer.”

Kaede wasn’t going to give it up.

(Y/N): “Fine. Kouta told me that he was in love with you. He said that he didn’t want me to ruin it so he told me to stay away from you.”

Kaede: “Why would he say that to you?”

(Y/N): “I don't know. Do you love him?”

Kaede: “No I don't.”

Kaede began to hug me. She looked me into my eyes. I was blushing.

Kaede: “Don't worry, I only like you. Goodnight (Y/N).”

Kaede walked into one of the bedrooms and went to bed while I used the other rooms. I laid on the bed and looked at the ceiling. What did Kaede mean by she likes only me?