Rivals

I was in the one of the rooms making something for Kaede. Ever since I got here, she was the only friend I needed. So I decided to make a necklace using on chain I found and a small pendant I made that says “Friends till the end.” It was supposed to be a surprise for her. I finally finished it after working for hours until the door opened and I put the necklace in my hat. I saw Kaede walking towards me, crying with what seems to be a dead dog. Wait that’s the dog from before. What happened?

(Y/N): “Kaede what’s wrong? What happened?”

Kaede managed to get some words out between sobs.

Kaede: “They killed him.”

I had already had an idea on who ‘they’ are. I was mad like I was before but this time they crossed the line.

(Y/N): “Where are they?! I’ll kill them!”

Kaede: “They are already dead. I killed them. I-

Kaede continued to cry uncontrollably as I walked towards her and hugged her. I was getting some blood on me but I didn’t care.

Kaede: “Thank you, (Y/N). Well there isn’t no point in staying here with these dead bodies. Goodbye, (Y/N).”

Kaede walked out the door, leaving me there alone. There was no point for me being there either. If I stay, they might pin those murders on me. So I pack a few things and left. But when I did, Kaede was long gone. Where did she go? I looked around till I saw her near a tree taking to a boy. I walked up to her.

(Y/N): “Kaede.”

Kaede: “(Y/N), what are you doing here?”

(Y/N): “I couldn’t stay in the orphanage. I probably would’ve left if I didn’t meet you.”

I looked at the boy. He had blue eyes and black hair.

(Y/N): “Who’s your friend?”

Kaede: “This is Kouta. I just met him. Kouta, this is (Y/N), my friend.”

I walked towards him and held my hand out to greet him.

(Y/N): “Nice to meet you, Kouta.”

Kouta: “Pfft. Whatever. Hey Kaede, do you want to go to the zoo?”

Kaede: “Sure.”

Did he just pfft at me? What’s his problem I just met him. The two begin to walk away as I continue to think why Kouta did what he did.

Kaede: “(Y/N), are you coming?”

(Y/N): “Yeah, I’m coming.”

I started to walk towards them. While they were focused on the conversation they was having, I slipped the necklace from my hat to the pocket of my coat. I stayed behind them but ever so often, Kouta would give me mean smugs when Kaede wasn’t looking. I don't know what’s wrong with him but I know I didn’t do nothing wrong.

We were at the zoo. Kaede was amazed by the animals there. So was I but I didn’t show it. She pulled me by my sleeve to show me different animals. This side of her was actually pretty cute. I was glad that she has happy.

Time skip

I was walking with the others as we exit the zoo. Kaede laid her head on my shoulder as we walked. Kouta was behind us, continuing to give me smugs.

Kaede: “Today was fun, (Y/N).”

(Y/N): “It was.”

Kouta walked towards us.