Behind Closed Doors I27I

Start from the beginning

He cut my sentence short as he immediately shoved both his hands onto my mouth. "Just... be quiet! If we're leaving, we have to be quiet, alright?" he whispered loudly. He then removed his hands from me, leaving me with a blank expression as he pulled away from me to put his ear against the door to listen for any sounds.

Many thoughts of fear were swarming around my head... I couldn't grasp a hold on any... I still didn't understand why we were here! If Dark doesn't tell me what's going on... I might... I might go insane! He's not telling me anything... and, yet... what was it that Vio told me? Somehow... I don't know why, but I'm having a difficulty remembering... why? Maybe I need to clear my mind? Maybe? I couldn't handle this for too long...

Dark took in another short breath and exhaled. "N-No keys?" he asked, reassuring the problem.

I gave a second glance around the room and exhaled nervously as there were no keys in sight. "I don't see..."

He interrupted me, pulling himself away from the door. "Forget it! There's probably no key in here!" he hissed and hit his head against the door deliberately. "I hate that freaking bastard!" he grumbled.

A smirk tugged onto me, unintentionally. "Plan B? Throw me out a window?" I murmured sarcastically, my eyebrows rising gesturing my anger.

He scoffed and sent his glare toward a wardrobe hiding in the shadows. "I don't see any goddamn windows..." He tilted his head in thought. "Unless there's one behind that wardrobe over there..." However, he quickly shrugged that thought away. "But, there's NO time... Besides, these idiots will hear it!" he hissed, rolling his eyes.

I tried using my head for any possible ideas on escaping here... but what now? The doors locked, SUPPOSDILY we don't have too much time, and we can't make too much noise, of course... So, um... I trembled to the uneasiness as nothing came to mind, but suddenly, a light bulb popped over my head. "Dark, let's just pick the lock! Isn't there—"

"No! Screw it!" he suddenly snapped. "I'll just give the bastard what he wants!"

I blinked, puzzled. "What?"

A crooked smile formed from him and he quickly covered my mouth again as a small laugh left him. "I want you to remember something!" he jittered out. His crimson eyes then narrowed onto me. "Nothing normal is happening tonight..." He rolled his eyes for more words. "If you remember that, then you won't panic and we'll be able to get out of this, alright?" He slithered out a chuckle and cocked his head. "Just promise me that you won't let Shadow's delusions get to you, okay?"

I stared, wide-eyed, unsure of what to respond with... I hardly understood what he was saying... Maybe half of it, but... Do I just say yes to him? Vio... Vio says he's dangerous... but at this moment of time... I don't understand. Who do I trust? The guy probably threatening my life... the guy I don't think I know myself anymore? Or, the guy I literally just met that seems to be the only person with some kind of common sense? But, as I stared at Dark, my eyes completely filled with puzzle, I looked down at his pale neck. Under the little light, I noticed discolored bruises that made me flinch.

Dark groaned in annoyance and slammed his hand onto the door, trickling the blue power that dwelled in his palm, forming a blue portal beside us. I quickly gasped at the blue light, but he made sure that I wasn't too loud as he shoved his hand back onto me, quickly shushing me.

"This is the only way we're leaving." he murmured, his eyes narrowing onto me. Then before I could make a muffled response, he clutched my arm, removing his hand from my mouth and jerked me towards him, leading me into the portal.

I then winced and my breathing increased as I was led to believe that I was dead; however once I reopened my eyes, I was absolutely shocked to find myself on what appeared to be the other side of the door; a small hallway. "Dark, what the hell—"