I managed to muster up the courage to ask him. It's better to ask him now, instead of later. "Hey Silver, do you have a badge case of some sort?"

"Huh? A badge case?" Silver questioned, stopping in his tracks. He reached down the pockets in his pants with his free hand, bringing out a case. "Here."

I happily accepted it. The bottom part of the case was black while the lid was transparent. There were eight spots that takes the form of the badges since the badge Falkner gave me fits perfectly in the top left of the case.

But of course, before I placed the badge in the new case, I released my hold of Silver's hand and placed the Egg inside my bag. Then, I took the case and placed the badge inside.

I won't hurt the Egg.

"Thanks, Silver!" I beamed happily.

"Yeah, whatever..." he replied. Wait... is he cheeks red?

I'm probably seeing things.

He maintains his hold on my hand and begins dragging me down Route 32. I was about to bring Chikorita out, but Silver stopped me, saying we're going to be a bit far from the Pokémon Center and that I should bring out Chikorita when I need to.

I took upon his advice and continued walking next to him. The bracelet we're holding is the reason we're travelling together. And I'm still curious as to who 'S' was.

But if I read the letter addressed to myself, then I would be keeping something probably important from Silver and I hated lying. It would also bring up more questions, some that could make me wonder what's his plans were and who he truly was.

Was he a bad person? And how was Silver involve?

As we continue our journey, we encountered two trainers separately. Silver battled the first one with his Totodile while I battled the second one with Chikorita. And from that, I allowed Chikorita to walk around with me like we used to.

And I managed to convince Silver to do the same thing with Totodile.

Of course, Totodile looked surprised but once Chikorita and I explained things, he started jumping happily. And yes, Silver told me that he found out Totodile was a male.

And even while we travelled, I took in some information about the wild Pokémon with the Pokédex I was given.

"Hey Silver, which city is next?" I asked.

"Azalea Town, why?" Silver responded.

My heart fluttered at how he replied calmly to me, unlike the usual conversations we've had. "I'm just curious; that's all. I mean—Falkner did say we should work together more often. 'It would make the battles easier' is what he said."

"I don't care what he has to say. If you're so into that concept, then go ahead," he replied in a monotone voice.

'At least it wasn't with an irritated one', I thought.

We continued to head south, battling trainers as we go. At the same time, I got to see more of Silver's battling style. He prefers to go head-on while I prefer to find the opponent's weak point.

We really can work together, but in our own separate ways, if that makes sense.

"There's a Pokémon Center over there," I said to Silver, pointing to the top part, behind the trees.

"We're going there to heal our Pokémon. Nothing more, alright?" Silver said.

I hummed in response, and we brought our starter Pokémon in their Pokéballs. As we were about to enter, I quickly asked Silver something.

"Hey Silver, can I also check on the Egg?"

He rolled his eyes slightly. "Whatever. Just hurry up."

He'll never change, but I guess it's kind of a good thing. I don't want to lose him―wait, did I just think that? No... there is no way I can feel affection for him.

Lyra... calm down. Breathe...

We entered the Pokémon Center and were greeted by Nurse Joy. I asked her if she could heal our Pokémon, which of course she can. I gave her our Pokéballs but before she left, I called out to her.

"Also Nurse Joy, can you see whether or not this Egg is healthy, and when it's going to hatch?" I asked, taking the Egg out of my bag.

"Let's see... I'll check on the Egg in the other room. Come along," she said, motioning us to follow.

Silver was hesitant, but I gripped his hand and became the one dragging him. We followed Nurse Joy as Chansey handled our Pokémon. As we entered the room, Nurse Joy quickly grabs a stethoscope and began checking on the Egg.

Hopefully, there isn't anything wrong with the Egg. After Nurse Joy stops, she turns to us and smiled.

"I'm glad to say the Egg is perfectly healthy. It's hatching will be soon, but not too close. Just keep an eye on it, alright?"

"Definitely," I replied, retrieving the Egg back. "Thanks, Nurse Joy."

"No problem. Chansey should be finished healing your Pokémon by now. She should be waiting at the front desk," Nurse Joy informed us.

Relieved, I quickly coiled my arm around Silver's and dragged him to the front desk, holding Egg with precaution. So far, the day was getting slightly interesting by the second.

But I wonder what kind of Pokémon will hatch from the Egg.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~