Silver, I also expect you to watch Lyra, and also yourself. Make sure the two of you are safe and sound.

~S

• ᴘ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ᴍ ᴏ ɴ •

"Mareep; the wool Pokémon. If static electricity builds in its body, its fleece doubles in volume that touching it shocks you. Its fleece grows continually. In the summer, the fleece is fully shed, but it grows back in a week. "

We had already left the house and were on our way to Route 32, since I really wanted the Mareep there. With Silver's assistance, I found a Mareep of my interest and caught it successfully.

There other Mareeps around the area. I used the Pokédex to register their entry. After I did, I heard Silver clapping behind me.

"Not bad, for a newbie."

I took that as a compliment and smiled to myself.

Afterward, Silver decided to help train my Mareep and Chikorita with his Totodile and Zubat. I decided to take a break and sit down, watching how Silver helped Chikorita and Mareep grow stronger.

I also thought about the future. Silver and I were stuck together because of these bracelets. So after we get these bracelets off of our wrists, how would we see each other then? Would we still be friends at least?

I thought about those things and realized how fast time flew by, as Chikorita and Mareep returned to my side. Chikorita used Vine Whip to get the Egg that was in my bag.

I carried the Egg and returned Mareep back into her Pokéball, as Silver led us to the Gym.

"Over there," Silver said, pointing to a fairly large building with a Pokémon sign at the top.

"So this is the Violet Gym..."

We entered the Gym, and once we took a few steps inside, I spotted a man with blue hair, watching a Pidgey and a bigger one fly in the air. I took out my Pokédex to find out what that Pokémon was.

"Pidgeotto; the bird Pokémon. It renders its prey immobile using well-developed claws, then carries the prey more than 60 miles to its nest. Pidgeotto also has outstanding vision where it is able to extinguish the movement of its prey."

"Hello there," I heard someone call out to us. It was the blue-haired man, and he's heading towards us. "I am Falkner, the Gym Leader here in the Violet City Gym."

"Hello. I'm Lyra, and this is Silver. I'm here to challenge your Gym."

"So you two are the ones, huh?"

I stared at him, confused. He explained the reason to me. "It's a bit strange, honestly, and I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or not, but a cloaked man challenged me. He won, but refused the badge. Instead, he said 'battle in a tag team format with trainers, Lyra and Silver.' Kind of strange, if you ask me."

'He said it was a man...' I thought.

"The letter didn't mention that... Silver?" I asked for his approval.

"Don't know, don't care. Let's get this over with," he replied.

"Then it's settled. I'll use two and you'll use one Pokémon each," Falkner informed us.

I nodded in agreement before Silver and I head to the battlefield. We stood on one side while Falkner stood on the other side. The Pidgey and Pidgeotto landed on the arena, and are ready to fight.

"Go, Chikorita!"

"Go Totodile!"

The two bird Pokémon once again took flight. Falkner commanded Pidgey to use Tackle while I told Chikorita to counter that Tackle. Silver commanded Totodile to use Water Gun on the Pidgeotto, but it dodged the Water Gun with ease.

"Chikorita, use Vine Whip!"

Chikorita summoned vines and took a hold on Pidgey. Falkner commanded Pidgeotto to use Tackle on Chikorita, which caused her to lose her hold on Pidgey. Chikorita stumbled onto the ground, rolling backward.

"Stand up Chikorita!" I encouraged her. I watched her slowly get up and on her feet. She was obviously damaged by the attack. I could've brought out Mareep but this was my first Gym battle, and I wanted Chikorita to participate in it.

"Now Chikorita, use Razor Leaf!"

Chikorita began to summon sharp-edged leaves and were being lashed at Pidgey and Pideotto. Pidgey began to lose its stability and started falling.

"Totodile, use Tackle on Pidgey!"

Totodile charged towards the falling Pidgey and landed a hit on it, causing the bird Pokémon to be sent flying back. The next thing I noticed; Pidgey fainted, knocking out of the battle, causing Falkner to return it to its Pokéball. Now it's two against one.

"Pidgeotto, use Gust!" Falkner commanded.

Pidgeotto flapped its wings at a high speed and created gusts of wind, being blown at Totodile and Chikorita, but from my eyes, it seems Chikorita is taking more damage. I asked Silver about it, and he responds to me about how Grass-types like Chikorita is weak against a Flying-Type like Pidgeotto.

After that, he scoffs at me about my decision to choose Chikorita. I felt a bit insulted, but I tried to not let his words affect me. Right now, we have to work together to defeat Pidgeotto. If I had to do things my way, so be it.

~~~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~