The boy turned to me and smiled. "You're pretty, miss."

I blushed a bit at his comment. As I did, a woman walked towards us.

"Sweetheart! Don't just run up to people like that. You do that to every trainer that comes by," the mother said to him.

"Sorry mom," the boy replied, ducking his head down and averted his attention to the ground.

"I apologize if he did anything wrong to you two," the mother said, facing us with an apologetic expression, in which I instantly denied.

"If you don't mind, would you like to come to our home? My son seems to be really fond of your Chikorita," the woman offered.

"Sure. I don't mind," I replied. Silver simply shrugged and followed me while I followed the woman to her home.

We arrived in front of a house, more likely belonging to the woman and the kid. She opened the door for the rest of us.

"Please make yourself comfortable," the woman told us.

I sat on the couch with Silver, while being careful with the Egg in my arms. After she asked for my permission, the woman told her son to play with Chikorita while she approached the drawers nearby.

How strange...

"Good job. You noticed her strange behaviour," I heard Silver commented.

My eyes widened at his comment.

"Hang on a sec! Why would you say that out loud?" I exclaimed.

The woman came back with two envelopes in her hands. I was surprised she didn't comment on what Silver and I said a few seconds ago. She placed them on the table, closer to the edge where it faced us.

"Someone came by and told me to give these letters to people matching your description. Please take them. I don't know if you know them... but it seemed important."

Silver glanced at the letters in front of him. "Why is there two of them in front of us?"

"They said one was for both of you and the other was only meant for the girl," the woman replied, turning over one of the letters which revealed my name written in cursive handwriting.

"Can you give us any physical description of the man who gave you this?" I asked.

"There's not much I can offer... They were wearing a cloak and there was a mask on their face... I wasn't able to get much."

Silver nodded and silently grabbed the envelope from the woman and took out the letter inside. The woman left the room after she informed us that she would leave us alone for a bit. Silver decided to read the letter this time.

"Lyra and Silver,

This is Violet City, where you're going to battle the Gym Leader named Falkner. He has Flying Type Pokémon in his possession, so be sure to beat him with whatever they're weak to. There's a Mareep in Route 32 if you were interested, Lyra.

Don't let Silver go on in his own way; same thing vice versa. Just trust me; it's better that way.

Once you receive the badge, don't instantly go to the next city. Take some time and enjoy the city itself. Perhaps it will lead to something special.