Chapter 12: The Guardian of Flower Road

Start from the beginning

"Okay, first to Blossom Heights, then to Flower Road, and we'll see how the day goes."

*****

They parked their bikes at Timer's and More and went inside.

"Hi! We're here for the Rank C upgrade."

They placed their Watches on the counter and Mr. Goodsight went to his work table and started fiddling with them a little before handing them back to Nate and Katie.

"Here's your new Rank C Yo-kai Watches and here's a list of Yo-kai to battle for Rank B."

Whisper took the paper out of Mr. Goodsight's hands and the group looked it over.

"Let's see here...Tengloom at Construction Site, Flumpy at Shopping Street Narrows, and Mad Mountain at Abandoned Tunnel? These are a bit random, aren't they?"

"Okay, Shopping Street Narrows we can do, kinda iffy about the Abandoned Tunnel, but the Construstion Site? Why would we ever go over there?"

Mr. Goodsight shrugged.

"Don't ask me. I'm just a shopkeeper. Besides, I'm sure your Yo-kai friends will keep you safe from any real danger."

They thanked Mr. Goodsight for his help, left Timer's and More, and continued onward to Flower Road.

*****

When they got to Flower Road, they got off their bikes and walked with them down to Settle In Bookstore. They bumped into Eddie as he was walking out of Settle In Bookstore with a bag of books in his hand. He waved at them and said,

"Hi, guys."

"Hey, Eddie. Whatcha got there?"

"Stuff for a new project I'm working on. Oh, I got a new video game the other day and I wanted to know if you two would be interested in playing it with me?"

"Sorry, Eddie. We're kinda busy today. Maybe tomorrow?"

Eddie seemed to think it over and said,

"Sounds good. I'll use the time to read these books I got. I'll see you tommorow then."

Eddie went on his way, Nate and Katie locked their bikes to the bike rack just outside of Settle In Bookstore, and went inside. The kids walked over to the comics and Jibanyan and Whisper were hanging around the magazines. Jibanyan picked one up and as he leafed through it, he asked,

"Whisper, this might sound like a weird question, but do you think that we could stuff their bikes into the bottomless bag?"

Whisper shrugged as he watched the two kids look over the comics.

"I don't see why not. We'll try it when the four of us are alone."

Whisper floated over to the bookshelves and found a couple of books that were known to help Yo-kai. He waved Nate and Katie over just so that they knew where they were if they ever considered getting them for their Yo-kai companions. Jibanyan had finished his magazine and walked over to the group as Nate and Katie were about to head over to the counter to pay for the new comic.

"Look, if I told you once, I told you a hundred times! I'm not selling my store, no one else is selling their store, and we're not leaving Flower Road!"

The cashier was arguing with a man in a business suit. Nate and Katie started to wonder what that was about as the businessman left grumbling to himself. The cashier sighed and mumbled to himself,

"Finally. I thought that jerk would never leave."

He glanced up at Nate and Katie when they walked up to the counter and laid the comics on the counter.