Blue Lights

(Set in 2017)

Gwen heard a knock on the door and licked the chocolate off of her fingers before looking through the little peep hole and swinging it open. "Martha!" Gwen cried, stretching out her arms to embrace her in a hug. "Gwen! Got your stuff?" Martha said, with an excited look on her face. Mickey and Martha had popped down to Cardiff for a couple of days to see Gwen, Rhys and Anwen; while Anwen was at her grandma's and the boys Weevil hunting, Gwen and Martha decided to have some girly time. That was girly time Torchwood style. 

Gwen swiped a helmet off the coffee table and zipped up her leather jacket. Martha was dressed in full biking leathers and heavy boots, rather more appropriate than Gwen's jacket, jeans and combats. Martha and Gwen were going out on their motorbikes, that was what they called a fun night! "Oh, new bike?" Martha said as she marveled the Kawasaki Ninja 300. "Ah, yeah. My bank account received a little deposit from a certain Captain Jack Harkness." Gwen said sheepishly as she straddled the bike.

It was night time, and the city was alive, lights from the city shimmered onto the slick black water. The two women skidded to a halt outside the water tower. "Martha Jones, let's have some fun." Gwen revved the engine cheekily before speeding off. She zipped around for a bit before doing doughnuts around the water tower. Gwen sped over to a set of benches and knocked one of the legs out of it, making a ramp. She did a 180 and went to do a run up. Gwen accelerated over to the ramp and went up it at around 80mph, flying through the air for a good few seconds before landing on a metal bench and then back on the ground again. 

"Gwen!" Martha said through their earpieces, "Looks like we've been busted!" Gwen span around to see a single police patrol car with it's sirens blaring and the blue lights blazing. "Oh just wait for this!" Gwen said, grinning under her helmet. While she was in the police, she had encountered a couple of situations like this, where nothing was more irritating than when people gave you the run around... so that was exactly what Gwen did. She stopped the bike, face onto the patrol car and started to speed towards it, pulling out just before the two collided. The police car did the same, but grinded to a halt. Gwen circled the car, getting closer and closer each time, burning rings into the tarmac around them. Ah. She spotted the officer in the car: Andy. For a single moment, Gwen felt bad, but it soon went away when she remembered a couple of weeks ago when he arrested her for aggravated assault. Granted, he let her off, scott free with no charges, but it was still annoying. 

Gwen soon realised that if she didn't stop, she would either burn a hole in her tyres or in the tarmac, and she didn't fancy dishing out for either. Gwen spotted Martha out of the corner of her eye, her motorbike stationary with her phone out, filming while in hysterical fits of laughter. Suddenly Andy accelerated forwards, sending Gwen's bike crashing into him side on and rocketing herself over the bonnet. Gwen lay splayed out on the bonnet in a flurry of legs and arms. "Son of a..." she groaned, sitting up slowly, pulling the helmet off her head to allow herself some fresh air, her expresso coloured hair spilling out onto her shoulders. "Gwen? Oh for goodness sakes, are you taking the mick!" Andy said, as her grabbed her arm to steady her as she eased herself off the bonnet. "Well, you ran me over so I think that we are even." She said, slowly rubbing her temples to try and relieve the massive headache that she had already developed. "Erm, I would like to remind you that you drove into me." Andy said brightly, he had one up on Gwen and he knew it. "Well, tomato tom-a-to." Gwen said flippantly.

Martha, Gwen and Andy were sitting on the infamous bonnet of the patrol car while Martha used Andy's extensive first aid kit to check Gwen over. Apart from a scrape just above her eyebrow and a couple of bruises she was fine. "Now who's assaulting people, ey, Captain Andy!" Gwen laughed and she nudged Andy's shoulder. "Yeah well..." Andy couldn't quite find the words. "Shut up, Cooper."