Fields Inc.

Adrianne POV:

It's officially the weekend. Thank the Lord I don't have to work this weekend unlike Anna-Lee who has the short end of the stick. I grab our shared laptop and turned it on. I can't keep on working at the diner. I'm slowly losing my mind and not making enough money. I have a degree in accounting so why am I wasting my time as a waitress making minimal wage and working ten to twelve hour shifts? I have bills to pay and college loans to pay off so minimal wage isn't cutting it for me.

I spend all morning job searching. I applied to quite a few jobs and sent them my resume. I know I'm lacking experience, but maybe just maybe one of them decide what I have is good enough. Feeling anxious about this I get off of my bed and put some shoes on. Maybe I should go out for a walk. I grab my phone and earbuds and head out of the apartment. I put my earbuds in and put on spotify. Throwing my nerves out of the window I let the music consume me. Walking on the surprisingly clear sidewalk I pass by a cute little boutique. I take my earbuds out and walk around the shop. The clothes there was so cute I had to buy a few professional outfits for future interviews. 

As soon as I got home I hung my newly bought clothes in my closet. "Hey Adri which looks better this black and white dress or these leather pants with a white fancy shirt," Anna-Lee asks walking into my room holding up both options.

"The black and white dress is cute, but the leather pants and the shirt is more your style," I tell her. 

"Thanks Adri," she says going back to her room.

"Wear your red heels too," I yell.

"Alright."

Going back to my closet I reorganize it a bit and then close it.

"Adri I'm leaving for my date. I'll see you when I get back home," Anna-Lee says.

"Have fun," I tell her. As soon as she closes the front door my phone starts to ring. I pick it up and I don't recognize the number.

"Hello," I say answering it.

"Good Afternoon, is this Mrs. Lakes, " a delicate voice asks through the phone.

"Yes ma'am it is. May I ask who I am speaking to," I reply nervously.

"I am the Maxine Goulding from Fields Inc. We have seen your application and we would like to schedule an interview if you are still interested," she says.

"Of course," I say loudly. "Uh I mean yes ma'am I'm still interested," I correct trying to play it off.

"That's wonderful. Is nine a.m. fine with you," she asks.

"It sure is," I say with a smile on my face.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow morning Ms. Lakes."

"I'll be there Mrs. Goulding. Goodbye."

"Bye," she says hanging up the phone. As soon as she hung up I got up and started to do my happy dance. "I got an interview. I got an interview," I sang. I go back into my closet and grabbed an outfit I got from the boutique. A navy blue blazer, black trousers, a white blouse, and black flats. Once I finish picking my outfit I step back and nod in approval. 

---------------------------------------

The outside of Fields Inc. is very intimidating. This could be my job for the rest of my life is I play my cards right. If I get this job no more worrying about paying my bills. If I get this job then I don't have to worry about paying my debt. If I get this job no more minimal wage. No pressure though.

"Hi I'm Adrianne Lakes, and I'm here for an interview," I say to the lady at the front desk.

"Hello Adrianne. I'm Maxine Goulding the receptionist lady who spoke to you yesterday," the woman says. Maxine Goulding is a beautiful woman. She looks like she's in her early fifties. Her hair is a beautiful snow white that's put in a high bun. She has chinese bangs that compliments her face nicely. Mrs. Goulding has a little bit of makeup on but not cakey and she wears red cat eye glasses. 

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Goulding," I tell her putting my hand out in the air for her to shake.

"It's nice to meet you too dear. Call me Maxine," she says shaking my hand. "Just have a seat in the sitting area and someone will come down to escort you to Mr. Fields office," she says with a smile.

"Thank you Maxine," I say smiling back at her before walking to the sitting area. This place is beautiful. The theme is gray and white. All the sofas and chairs are gray and the rugs and accents are white. I wait in the sitting room for a few minutes before a tall man stands right in front of me.

"Good Morning Mrs. Lakes are you ready for your interview," the man asks. He has blonde hair that's in a quiff. He's wearing slacks and a white long sleeve shirt with a blue tie. He's relatively cute, but not really my type.

"Ms. Lakes and call me Adrianne. You are," I ask.

"My name is Benjamin Smith, but call me Ben," he says.

"It's nice meeting you Ben," I say holding my hand out.

"Nice to meet you too Adrianne," He says shaking my hand. "Well lets start heading up there," he says leading the way to the elevator.

"Are you nervous," he asks looking down at me. I'm not even that short there is no need for him to lower his head to look me. I'm 5'7. 

"A little. I just don't know how it's going," I tell him. "You'll be fine Adrianne," he responds.

"Thanks Ben."

The elevator then dings and the door opens. Ben gestures me to leave the elevator to walk off first. I nod my head and walk off. Ben then leads to a door that has words "Mr. Fields" on it. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. 

"Come in," a voice says on the other side of the door.