Would it be strange for me to move into the same building as her? According to the listing, the flat I was looking at was on the floor above hers, so it wasn't like I was moving right next door. But still—would she be comfortable with that?

A frown marred my brows as I shrugged on my coat after texting Dave that I wanted to go out for breakfast, who responded by saying he would be over in ten minutes with the car. I had come to find out that the cafe where Vera and I first had lunch sells some lovely breakfast foods as well, so I was thinking of getting some food from there when I got a small idea and used my phone to text Vera.

To: Vera Queen

Morning, love. Are you back at work today? And if not, did you have breakfast yet?

It was a couple of moments until I got a respond from her.

From: Vera Queen

Hi, good morning! No, I go back tomorrow & no, I didn't have breakfast. Why?

To: Vera Queen

Lovely! I'll be over in about half an hour with some breakfast from Manhattan Mocha. What would you like?

After a couple of texts of Vera trying to persuade me into not getting her breakfast because it really wasn't necessary, she finally gave in and requested for a chocolate chip muffin and a toasted bagel with cream cheese. Satisfied with her answer, I headed downstairs once Dave had notified me of his arrival, meeting him in the usual underground garage in the town car with tinted windows, letting the driver know of our first destination. A black beanie covered my hair and dark sunglasses shielded my eyes, and even if I had a measly 'disguise', Dave had gone inside to get my breakfast meals for me—but not before I told him to get himself something as well. I'd be pretty disappointed if he came back empty-handed for himself, really.

Fortunately, when he came back, Dave handed me a plastic bag that contained mine and Vera's food, all the while holding another one that he kept for himself. I smiled approvingly, while Dave just let out a short yet deep amused laugh whilst shutting the door and shaking his head. One I told the driver our next location, I sat back in the leather seat, busying myself on my phone yet also conversing with Dave. He wasn't very talkative—not a lot of security details were, with the exception of Liam—but he did answer the questions I asked. Very monosyllabic, yet answered nonetheless.

Once we arrived to Vera's building, Dave and I entered through the front door, looking as inconspicuous as possible, although fortunately there weren't too many people loitering about. We got into the elevator with three other people, but they all got off before we reached Vera's floor and I walked down the familiar halls, holding on to the bag that held our food.

As usual, Dave walked me to Vera's door which I knocked on, having it swing open mere moments later to reveal Vera standing in an oversized navy blue sweatshirt that read The Journey in red and black leggings, smiling as her dark eyed gaze landed on me. "Hey," she greeted, eyes flickering to the man next to me as she added, "Hi, Dave."

My security guard nodded as he responded, "Morning, Vera." He then looked at me with a silent questioning gaze, and I merely nodded and he turned and walked away, knowing I was perfectly fine here and didn't need him to linger.

Looking back at Vera, I grinned as I held up the bag, "I got food." The brunette grinned, opening the door wider and letting me in before shutting the door behind us. Taking off my sunglasses and approaching the couch, I glanced at Vera over my shoulder as I added, "You look better. Are you feeling okay?"