1

A yawn escaped from her lips as she went down the staircase of her apartment. She then combed her hair as she walked to the kitchen, scouting for ingredients to make breakfast for herself. The fridge answered her with a carton of milk, a dozen of eggs, leftover pizza and a carbonated drink. She squints at the food for a few minutes until her mind decided on the leftover pizza.

(Name) took an empty plate and placed two slices of pizza onto the plate. She licked her fingers as she put the plate into the microwave. Putting in the timer, she went to the living room to turn on the television to add a background to her silent routine.

The microwave alarm went off. She vault over the couch and did a Ninja-like move to turn it off. "Peace in our time," She comment on her abilities. Being careful, she used a clean towel to pulled the plate out and walked to the living room and sat down comfortably on the couch.

The music of the television filled the room as she ate her breakfast by savoury the taste. "Heaven in a bite."

The rest of her morning went swell, and by swell it meant that (Name) spend it on playing games from her laptop. It was her day off from the cafe and her latest recipe was a hit with the locals. The staff who works in the cafe has to contribute a recipe for the snacks. For example: Apple Pie, Cinnamon Roll, Chicken Pie, Sandwich, Cake, Cookies, etc.

Her's was the Blueberry tart. It was just a random recipe she conjured.

Her state of peace was held to its end when her phone buzzed. The phone was lying on the coffee table that was parallel to the couch. (Name) let out a huff as she placed the empty plate down and use her clean hands to pick it up.

The message says; You do realised that it's not the weekend.

"Shit!" With the help of her running around the room, she took a quick shower, changed to her uniform, placed the plate into the dishwasher and storm out from the building. Her skateboard was waiting patiently.

Instead of using the cab, she used the skateboard to weave her way in the crowds, did a few stunts and almost sent her to the hospital. She reached the cafe in less than an hour because the traffic wasn't that bad. It was worse, due to the misfortune that the drivers had to suffer.

She rolled into the cafe, saying her greetings to her coworkers and the customers. The customers are some who are the usual and the others are the new ones.

Her boss, Madam Fawcett shook her head in disbelief. The lady was close to her seventies but she always dyed her hair with the ash blond. Her outfit was her usual getup; white collar shirt with short sleeves, a vest made from silk that she bought from Hong Kong, loose pants that was comfortable for her to move around and sandals. Madam Fawcett inherited the cafe from her mother and her daughter will be the next to take over. The daughter had a business degree and a culinary arts diploma. Seems fitting to take the entire cafe.

(Name)'s grand appearance made the corners of Madam Fawcett's mouth to turn. "You're late." She tried to be stern but she couldn't. She smiled because she was amused.

"A day late or a week late?" (Name) replied as she got out from the skateboard, pick it up and enter the changing room. Her coworkers shared an amuse look before returning back to their own respective work.

Once she emerged from the back room, (Name) made a beeline to the cashier where she main it. Her junior was on a vacation with her family. Everyone in the cafe, well half of them are college students and the rest are full time.

"Alright, I'm back and what's the latest plan?" She greeted the usual customer who was in front of the cash register.

The customer was her lecturer who taught her the Fundamentals of Digital Animation. Miss Midas, currently married to her job and food. "The plan was to help me with the rendering." Midas joked.

(Name) wished she could let out a zombie groaned but the old lady would sent her a glare. "Renderings a bitch." She mumbled lowly. Quietly praying that Midas got the message.

And she did. Midas leave the conversation be and pay her food alongside her favourite beverage. She gave (Name) a smile before walking to the next table.

"What can I get for you, sir?" She smiled at the customer. A mysterious man who wore a mask. He was a regular at the cafe and she never ask him about his appearance.

"One blueberry tart and Earl Grey, hot." The man said. Although, his voice was as smooth as silk but deep. (Name) liked his voice. In a nice way, not in a creepy way.

"The usual eh, Tarn?" She scribble the order onto her notebook.

Tarn, lightly chuckle. "You know me so well, (Name)." He lean towards his hands, arms propped on the table, chin resting on the knuckles.

She gave him a wink. "Because you're one of the regulars in the cafe." The tip of her tea felt warm and she excused herself.

Tarn watched her as she went back to work. What an amusing lady, he smiled underneath his mask. An innocent one too. Shame she must stay pure than being defiled by me.