Chapter Three

It's only been a few weeks since Ava introduced me and our family to her boyfriend Eric and I haven't spend much time with them beyond our TV sessions in the living room, but that would change today.

Because for some reason my sister asked me if I wanted to spend lunch with her and Eric.

My sister and I spend our lunch period together sometimes but I mostly hang out with my friends or end up playing basketball outside, and despite that, I never really crossed paths with Eric before, even though we both apparently like the same sport, but there are a lot of people at our school and we don't even have any classes together, I guessed that it made sense in a way.

I also prefer playing outside and Eric told me that he and his friends always went to our school's gym to play there.

I was currently brushing my teeth and humming a random melody to myself when someone banged at the bathroom door twice.

"Dan can you hurry up please? You're not the only one who needs to use the bathroom in the morning." Ava's voice sounded annoyed and she groaned loudly when I didn't open the door immediately after her loud knocking against it.

She was so freaking impatient.

I spit out the toothpaste that was still in my mouth and rinsed my toothbrush before I washed my face and finally opened the door.

Ava sprinted inside and practically shoved me into the hallway, making me stumble and almost fall on my ass.

We do have two bathrooms in the house but the downstairs one was being slightly extended at the moment because my mom wanted a bigger shower in it, which meant we only had one bathroom at the moment with four people in the house who all needed to leave the house at the same time.

It was very annoying to say the least but Ava could just wake up earlier. That's why I did, but I also like taking long showers, which is why it didn't help much.

I walked back into my room and put on a pair of black jeans and a light green hoodie.

Green was easily my favorite color and it also fit my appearance - blond hair and brown eyes - pretty nicely.

I quickly put all of my textbooks into my backpack and made my bed before I went downstairs to grab something quick to eat.

We were sadly all out of cereal so I just grabbed a banana while I waited for Ava to come down.

My mom was sitting at the kitchen island next to me, drinking her coffee and waiting with me. Neither my sister nor I had a car yet which is why our mom still drove us to school.

Our parents promised to buy us a car as a birthday present but with the downside that we had to share it. I wasn't really mad about that though because Ava had Eric now to drive her around. The new car would probably be in my possession most of the time.

After several minutes of mindlessly staring at the clock in our kitchen, Ava finally came downstairs. We made our way outside to the car and I sat down in the passengers seat in front while Ava took a seat in the back.

She learned early on, that fighting over the front seat was a losing battle for her. I loved sitting in front and I would not go down without a fight.

We arrived at school a few minutes later and wished our mom a good day before slamming the car doors shut.

I was about to walk to the entrance when Ava grabbed my back "Don't forget about lunch today."