2 | meet and greet

I finish my panel and head to my meet and greet excited to meet the faces behind the numbers.

I quickly get changed in the bathroom from what I was wearing into something more casual.

I grab a water bottle and find Matt waiting in his area for his meet and greet.

"Hey I saw your panel, you went well," Matt says hugging me.

"Thanks Matt, you have your panel after this right?"

"Yup."

"Good luck with that, I gotta go, sorry."

I quietly walk back to my meet and greet area and peek through the curtain and see a ton of people kinda freaking out about something.

Who's snuck into my meet and greet line?

Once the screaming has stopped I enter the room and wave to everyone which starts the screaming again. I walk behind the screen and am hug-tackled by the first fan.

"Ha ha, hey, what's your name?" I ask the girl who tackled me.

"I'm Lexi, I'm a huge fan," The girl says.

"Nice to meet you Lexi," I say hugging the girl once I am back on my feet.

I take the selfie with Lexi and sign her phone case and she skips away happily.

I am surprisingly tall, I am taller than Matt which is a first, I am about 1.84 metres tall.

After about maybe three hours of meeting and greeting fans, I get to the last few people.

I put my water bottle down and then around to see someone walking towards me and hugging me which I return.

"Hey," I say as I back away from the hug and see Jessie Paege, a fellow YouTuber who does amazing videos. "Jessie?"

"Sami, hi, I didn't sneak in, I actually got tickets because I've wanted to meet you for some time," Jessie says quickly.

"Awww, I've wanted to meet you for some time as well Jessie," I say taking a selfie with Jessie and hugging her tightly again.

"I'll message you on twitter later then?" Jessie asks me.

"Yeah, sure thing, I'll keep an eye out for it," I say smiling as Jessie walks away smiling, clutching her phone to her chest.

Now, let me say this, I am a massive Dan and Phil fan so when I found out that they are going to VidCon I kinda freaked out? They probably don't know me that well, but maybe they might. I dunno, but my goal is to meet them at some point this VidCon.

As I watch Jessie skip away I turn to see a very tall, like very tall, person approach me.

"Oh shit hi," I say swamped by the height of this person who stops in front of me and lets me look at them.

I lift my head, only a tiny bit cause they aren't that much taller than me and I see brown curly hair and brown eyes.

"Oh shit! Dan Howell!" I exclaim covering my mouth with my hands in shock.

I then see another person walk around the screen as well.

"Phil Lester!"

"Hi," Dan says.

"What, why, when, how???" Is all I can say.

I am still in shock when I am pulled into a hug by Phil as Dan explains.

"What, hello we are here, why, we are huge fans of you, when, the screaming was us before, how, we snuck in," Dan says quietly.

"This is the best surprise," I say smiling as Phil is still hugging me.

I can rest my head on Phil's shoulder because he isn't that much taller than me.

Eventually Phil lets go of me and I move to Dan to get a hug which he gladly accepts and hugs me tightly.

"Well, think of it as a birthday present," Phil says.

"Oh crap, my birthday is tomorrow what the hell, I'm 27 tomorrow," I say I'm so much shock from everything.

"Yes you are," Dan says as he ends the hug.

Dan grabs my phone and takes a selfie of the three of us then on his phone he takes another selfie but different pose and does the same for Phil's phone.

"Wait, give me your phone Sami," Phil says as I hand him my phone.

I see Phil type something into my phone and I'm confused until he hands my phone back.

"Aww, that's adorable," I say looking at what Phil had done.

Phil 🦁 *phone number*

"Ha ha, I try," Phil says.

"I'll text you later okay? We can hang out at The after party tonight as a birthday celebration," I say as we are being ushered away.

"Yeah sure thing, see ya then I guess," Phil says.

I feel Dan hug me from behind around my neck and I return the hug, in some way.

"Okay see ya later Sami!" Dan and Phil say at the same time as they rush to their meet and greet.

~~~~~~~~~