Chapter 1

"Kiss me. "

The words slipped from his lips, his gorgeous blue eyes making Carmen Louise melt like a candle that had been lit. He was absolute perfection, perfectly tousled black hair and the bluest eyes. His lips curved up into a small little smirk.

Like he knew a secret, a dirty little one that could get them all into trouble.

"Of course."

The girl stepped up, her lips touching his as Carmen watched from audience. A quick glance to her left told her she wasn't the only one gasping at the way the actor betrayed the role. He was to sexy to be the count, who by all accounts was supposed to be a little toad. But of course, the first one up for audition was the hottest guy in school, Lehi Max

"That's not the line!" Miss Cleat, or the frog as carmen called her, screamed from her seat. Immediately the two on stage broke apart, the girl rushing off as she covered her mouth.

Like she'd done something awful by kissed Lehi.

He simple kissed his hand and blew a kiss the audience, a snort coming from carmen as she shook her head. Bowing, his hair falling into his eyes. Carmen knew what he would do next, the slow move up as he brushed his hair from his eyes.

As he gave the sexy, come hither look he always gave girls when he tried the moves on them.

"GET OFF MY STAGE!" The frog screeched as she stood up, the mounds of cloth stopping her from being fast enough to get to him. It didn't stop her from throwing her script she had at him, cursing under her breath. A few of the waiting actors chuckled, but the look of promising death shut them up.

"Well, what did you think little bird?" Lehi chuckled as he sat down next to carmen, his arm slung around the back of her chair. He turned his head just a bit to look down at her, his eyes lighting up when he saw the flush on her cheeks.

"I thought you looked like a fool. You know you really shouldn't lead on all these poor girls, I mean look at Frog. She looks about ready to keel over." Carmen drawled, both turning to look at the red face Frog. The woman was in her fifties, and just a tad overweight. She had been worse in Carmen's freshman year, when the woman had looked like the woman who ate the woman she was now.

Divorce looked good on frog.

"Oh really, I must work on it. If I can't get the frog to swoon, then I definitely can't get the almighty Carmen to swoon." He nudged her softly with his arm, giving her a smile that she returned with a roll of her eyes.

"sure, thing Casanova." Turning her attention back to the stage, she watched the next couple with a small smile on her face.

Denise and Kevin were two of the best actors in the school, and they played the parts perfectly. Of course, Frog would never give them to them.

Kevin was too short to play the count, and had prior engagements for band. It didn't stop him from auditioning with his girlfriend, who got the lead role every single time they auditioned together.

If Carmen cared more she would be upset, but, this was just another thing keeping her from going home.

The rest of the auditions were left with the crew meeting each other, Carmen and Lehi being shoved to sound and lighting as always. No matter how many times Lehi auditioned, he never got a part. He was always crew.

Not that he cared, he was there for the same reasons she was.

"So, what are we doing today Pinky? "He asked as they packed up their things, the frog giving them looks as they lingered and talked in hushed tones. One would think after four years the woman would have been used to them being the last ones out, but carmen doubted she even knew what her first name was.

Chessboardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें