Three

Windows were cracked, the door looked like it was barley holding itself open, long story short the house looked like shit. Louis and Lottie share a look, "this is the address he gave me.."Louis trails off, this place did not look fit for someone to live in. Even the neighborhood looked ran down

"So what's the plan?"Lottie asks dragging her attention away from the broken down house and to her brother who seemed confused as to why Harry lived in such a place like this. "He sounded scared. Maybe, it wouldn't be safe to just walk up to the door."

Louis nods his head agreeing. Harry could of easily called the cops but there was a reason he didn't. "I'll sneak in somewhere. You stay in the car if I'm not back in ten minutes call the cops."Lottie couldn't even talk him out of it because Louis was slamming the drivers door close and walking across the street with his head down.

He figured a window would be open or broken enough for him to slide in unnoticed. The only problem was he didn't know his way around this house so there's a good chance he could possible be caught and if Harry's just scared by the fact of living there being caught won't be any good.

Louis has to jump over a fence and avoid a homeless cat just to get to the backyard. There wasn't a car in the driveway but that doesn't mean no one would be home, they didn't even seem as if they could afford a car. The first window Louis stumbles upon is a kitchen window and it's locked and a curtain covering his view slightly.

All the windows downstairs are locked or blocked up with wood so he climbs a tree that leans right into an upstairs window which leads too bedroom. The window is cracked a bit and unlocked. Grinning Louis waits a few seconds to see if anyone was in the room when no one has passed by he opens it quietly.

He almost trips stepping into the room but composes himself. His heart is beating against his ribcage and he's afraid its loud enough to let someone know he's in the house, he steadies his step once he walked away from the window he closed back so it doesn't look suspicious.

He glances around the room, heart stopping when he hears rummaging then the flicker of a bathroom light. He always sees a few skirts hanging around. This definitely has to be Harry's room, slowly he walks to the bathroom door holding his hand out to twist it open.

"Har-"A hand slaps over his mouth and pulled back into a closet darkness surrounding him. He's about to scream bloody murder till he realizes how small the hand is compared to him. "Ha-"

"Shush!"Harry whispers closing the closet door quietly. "He's in the bathroom."His voice sounds unsteady and fearful. Louis pulls him close to his chest resting his head on top of his curls. "So glad you're here Louis."Harry murmurs hugging him back just as hard.

"Missed you too bub."Louis breathes his heart still beating fast. They weren't just out yet and he had no idea who the hell was behind that door. Harry seemed so scared he was afraid the small boy would pass out. "We have to leave Harry,"

Harry peers up at him. "What if he comes out."

"I'll protect you."Harry slightly smiles up at him. It takes a few minutes to talk harry into leaving they could still hear the shower water running. The closet door freaks when Louis pushes it open and his heart drops. Harry is clutched to his side fooling his every move not making much noise.

The steps creaks when they walk downstairs. Halfway to the door, halfway home, halfway till he's back with his boy where they both are safe and sound. But no one really gets there halfway in a situation like this, sometimes always goes wrong whether they like it or not. Louis never wanted to sob so bad till now, till his fingers are twisting the door knob open and Harry gasps.

A loud voice interrupting their freedom, "Stop it right there boy."something clicks and Louis almost pisses himself.

~~

It's been a while. Sorry about that 😅