2

I quickly learned that Regina was a woman of many words. She never seemed to stop talking at all. I had no clue of what she was talking about for the majority of the time but she liked to talk so I let her. She spoke about how she and her husband were both willing to let me stay with her, how I wouldn't have to go anywhere, how they wouldn't let anyone hurt me and all those things people say but you can never really trust. I didn't trust her at all. That would have been foolish of me. I'm in a place I don't know with people I don't know and so trusting her didn't seem like a good idea. She and I had been sitting on the bed- she had called it 'your bed' to me- and she was turned ever so slightly to face me but I kept my legs straight ahead and tried to think about the best way to escape if she tried to hurt me. Should I run through the door? Should I jump off the balcony? Should I lock myself in the bathroom? At this point I had stopped listening to her but she caught my attention by tapping my shoulder lightly. 

"Are you okay?" She looked at me with brown eyes and a soft smile and I shook my head to say no. Of course I wasn't okay. What kind of silly question was that? "You're very quiet." She pointed out. I wasn't sure if I was quiet because it was in my nature or because she just didn't give me a chance to talk. Perhaps I was quiet because I didn't want to talk to her or because I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! "Have you always been a quiet person?" She asked me and I looked at her in disbelief, "I know you don't remember but you have to try otherwise you'll never remember." She placed both of her hands on my leg and leaned closer to me with another one of her smiles.

"Look, I don't remember anything about myself." Just as I said that there was a knock on the door and I heard a deeper voice than ours call from behind it, 

"Is it alright for me to come in?" The voice asked. Regina smiled at me and then told the voice that it was okay and although I was shaken up I should be alright. She liked talking for me too I guess. I could have had a serious problem with this, I could have told her I didn't want to see anyone else just yet or that I didn't feel comfortable with it but she didn't seem to mind. Now, I know I might sound ungrateful for being so aggressive toward someone who is helping me even though she doesn't need to but I don't know her and who knows what this is all about? She could be the reason my memory is gone, she could be a kidnapper! The door opened just a little before it stopped and I heard a sigh come from behind it. Regina's smile seemed to drop and I watched the door. All I could see was a foot emerging form behind it. The door then opened fully and then a face appeared from behind it and a man walked into the bedroom. He was tall, far taller than myself or Regina, and he was dark. He was a nice dark- although I wasn't quite sure what a nice dark was- but I liked his colour. He had rounded brown eyes which had long eyelashes, he had big lips and a broad nose. I couldn't see much of his body behind his fitted suit but I could tell he had large muscly arms and for some reason- reasons unknown at the time- I very much enjoyed the sight of them.

"This is my husband, Dr Shawn Carter. " Regina introduced. Now, I don't know much about husbands and all but she didn't smile at him- not once. They seemed to give each other dismissive head nods as he walked in and then his eyes were on me. Not that I'm complaining, I did like his eyes on me and the way his pupils seemed to dilate a little and he was almost as captivated by me as I was him. 

 "Hello." He said to me in a somewhat breathless voice. He stared at me with his eyes glossing over a little bit and his jaw flexing. His eyebrows had moved, his nostrils flared and his pupils dilated once again as I looked at him. 

"Hello" I replied in a calm voice. The sight of him soothed me, made me calmer than I had been before. It was as if I was an animal and he was my master, he tamed my wild side and I was under his spell. Still I ought not to let myself go because I was angry at the both of them for not giving me the information I wanted. Soon my eyes became stern and I looked between the two. "Tell me what's going on." They both sighed and Regina looked up at Shawn. He walked over to me and stood just in front of me. 

"We can't really tell you anything until you've had a few physical examinations." He answered, I didn't like the sound of that. I didn't want any physical examinations, I didn't want to be anywhere near these people, all I wanted to to find out the truth and go home. Where ever home was.  "Because of legalities I am unable to perform any physical examinations away from the supervision of an unbiased counterpart so If you're alright with it you'll be accompanying me to the hospital today so we can run some tests and then we'll see what we can do about your memory." I looked at Regina and then looked back up at the man. 

"No" I said sternly. "You are going to take me home, right now" I stood up from the bed and looked between the two of them. "I don't believe you so just take me home." I crossed my arms and they both looked away from me awkwardly. 

"We don't know where you live, we don't know anything about you." Regina admitted. My face dropped, my heart dropped, my stomach dropped. If they don't know me and I don't know myself how was I ever going to get out of this situation? How was I going to find the truth? How could I ever trust them!? 

"No!" I began crying again. "Stop lying to me, you're criminals and I want to go home." Shawn grabbed me and pulled me into a hug- there goes all that hugging again. It felt so natural for him and I could tell. The way his arms fell around my body as if he was used to my size and height, the way he rested his head on mine as if it belonged there, how he held me tightly but it wasn't sexual or oppressive but just comforting. I pulled away from him anyway and stepped back. "Take me to the place you found me then, I must live somewhere near there. Maybe it'll jog my memory" I looked between them but Shawn just shook his head. 

"It's not safe. We can't tell what's wrong with you yet and if we just let you go someone might take advantage of your vulnerability, you might never remember, you could be seriously hurt and I can not let that happen. That is why you'll be staying with us until you're stable enough to leave." I knew there was something else going on. I knew there had to be a reason as to why he wanted me to stay here but I wasn't getting answers any time soon. 

"Fine." I mumbled as I looked down. 

"I'm sure we can find you something to wear, in the mean time there's breakfast downstairs." He then walked out of the room and was gone before I even got a chance to say another word- not that I planned on saying anything. 

"What's your name?" I asked Regina (I didn't know her name back then). 

"I'm Regina." She introduced, "I'm a Lawyer, only child, 29 years old." She listed. I didn't ask any of that stuff but I guess she wanted me to know more about her so I would be more comfortable. "Feel free to talk to me about anything, even if it's something small. If you remember anything at all or if Shawn says anything you should tell me because I'm here to help." Something was off about that too. What did she mean 'if Shawn says anything'? What could he possibly say? They had both admitted that they didn't know me. 

-Thank you for reading. So the story is developing and I wonder if you guys have any theories about what happened to her etc so please vote and comment. Hope you get another chapter soon. Thank ya boo xxx

1) What do we think of Regina?

2) What do we think of Bey's character so far?

3) What do we think of Shawn?

4) What does Shawn's initial reaction to her suggests about him and perhaps some backstory?

5) What do you think happened to her?

6) Are they hiding something from her?

7) What does Regina mean by 'if Shawn says anything' ?

8) What do you think of Shawn and Regina's relationship?

9) Why are they so insistent that she stays with them? 

10) What do you think Bey should do?