Chapter 24

" I feel." Meryl said with a dry mouth as she could feel her husband's hold on her tighten the next day. "Like complete shit."

Don nodded. "Fuck...staying bed."

"Staying in bed is good." Meryl croaked.

Don kissed the top of her head. "Quiet is good."

"Not...move." Meryl groaned as they stayed just like they were. Even though they both felt like shit; being wrapped in each other's arms felt good. "Like this...much."

Don knew better than to nod his head again. "Too, Darl."

"NOOO." Meryl buried her head in the crease of Don's neck when they heard pounding at the door. "Make it stop, Don."

Don covered her ears as he yelled. "GO AWAY!"

"Don." Meryl giggled. "Thanks for covering my ears. Didn't that hurt your head, though?"

Don graned as he pulled her closer to him. "Like a bitch; but maybe now they'll go away."

***

"Why aren't they answering?" Mamie asked as they were pounding on Don and Meryl's suite door.

Grace put her ear to the door. "I think I just heard Dad yell yay. Why would he yell yay?"

"Why do you think?" Louisa teased.

Henry shook his head. "Disgusting. Maybe he was yelling for us to go away."

"Mames, don't you have a key?" Ben asked. 

Mamie nodded as she rummaged through her purse. "Voila."

"I'm closing my eyes." Louisa teased.

Grace held her finger to her lips. "Shhh..."

"Let's wake them up like we did when we were kids." Mamie teased.

Ben shook his head and pointed to the couch in the living area. "I'll leave it to you Gummers. I'm going to stay out here."

"I just hope to God they have clothes on." Henry teased.

Mamie slowly opened the bedroom door and was relieved to find them clothed. She looked at her siblings. "1."

"2." Grace said. 

Louisa started walking with her siblings over to the bed. "3."

"WAKE UP!" They all said as they jumped on the huge California king sized bed that both Don and Meryl were sleeping in the middle of. "WAKE UP!"

Meryl groaned as she turned towards Don more. "DON! Make them stop."

"Get out." Don groaned. "GROUNDED!"

Louisa laughed. "We're all adults; you can't ground us."

"Wake up." Mamie said as they continued to jump. "We're going to have breakfast."

Don opened one eye. "Do you want your mother and I to throw up on you? Because that's what will happen if you don't stop."

"Holy shit!" Henry said as he saw a receipt on his father's bedside table. "Did you have a party in the bar last night? Was it just the two of you?"

Meryl groaned. "Don't mention...alcohol."

"Sleep...us." Don groaned. "You go."

Louisa whined. "We're hungry."

"Go away." Meryl mumbled against Don's chest. "Or out of...our wills."

All the 4 Gummer children looked at each other. Henry pointed to the door. "We'll order room service and be out there."