Talk me down

Both of them were laying on their beds.

Both of them thought the other didn't want anything to do with them anymore.

Both of them wanted to see each other more than ever.

Danielle thought about Lauren's freckled face, the way her hair flowed in the sunlight, she though about her soft skin, her pale body.

Lauren was thinking about that dark hair and those green eyes. The mystique vibe that always surrounded them. The curves, the tanned skin.

They thought back about their first kiss. It used to be filled with lust, but looking back at it, it felt like nothing but pure love.

The endless hugs and cuddles, so soft, warm, the feeling of being loved, of being protected, cared for. Those hours laying in each other's arms without a care in the world. Quiet giggles, conversations about nothing and everything at the same time.

Both girls let their tears slip freely.

The movie nights, laughing their asses off, hiding in each other's hoodies whenever something scary happened, kissing whenever something romantic happened. Lauren always having to close the movie and do something else cause Danielle crossed the line again, but they both loved it. They both missed it.

Danielle's vulgar humour and her hook up stories.

Lauren's blushing and endless awkward chuckles.

Them being so madly in love with each other.

Them having nothing but admiration for each other.

Lauren could spend days staring into Danielle's eyes.

Danielle could spend years forming constellations with the freckles on Lauren's back.

But the soft whispers and promises is what they missed most.

The times where it felt as though they were actually together.

The times it felt as though they could do anything and there wasn't anything holding them back, no shyness, no other girls, no pressure. Just them.

Lauren got a message. It was from Jordan. She wanted to throw her phone away and never look at it again, but she opened the message.

"Look, I don't know what's going through your head, I don't know what you think happened, I don't even know if you're going to read this. What I do know is that my best friend has been bawling her eyes out for the past week, she's completely heart broken. And I don't care what your reasoning is, but she deserves better, she deserves way better, cause she's blaming herself, for something you did. And that's not okay, I don't care what you do with this information, but read it, 3 times, 5 times, 10 times. I don't care how many times it takes you, but read it and think about what you need to do."

Lauren let her head fall back against her pillow, she didn't know this was going to affect Danielle this much. She thought she'd just go back to hookups without even caring. Did this mean Danielle cared about her? Could it be that she actually had feelings for her?

No, she had to stop. She couldn't make this about herself again. First, she needed to do something about this current situation, cause Jordan was right. Danielle did deserve better than some lowlife that's not even able to answer her damn texts when she's obviously worried about her.

She had to come up with a plan, had to know how to fix this.

She knew this was a risk, knew she was probably not going to get a reply, but she tried anyway.

She shot Danielle a text, asking if she could come over so she could explain everything. She waited for a response. Nothing. Until. 3 hours later. Her phone bleeped.

"The door is unlocked", and that was all Lauren needed to get her ass out of bed and make her way to the person that meant most to her.