its over...

Ci's p.o.v.

I was getting a phone call in the middle of the night from some number I'd never even seen before. I glanced over at my clock & seen that it was 2 in the morning.. smfh. Somebody BETTER be dead. I answered the phone with pure attitude.

Me-HELLO??!!

Person- Ci. It's me. Listen for a second.

Me- Jocelyn? What the fuck? Why are you calling me so late? No why are you calling me period?

Jocelyn- I need your help... It's Mark..

I sighed heavily & pressed my eyelids together hard trying to push all the negative images about Mark out of my head.

Me- I thought they locked him up ?

Jocelyn- u-um they did but they let him out.

I sighed again & decided I'd help her out. Only because I knew exactly where she was coming from. I got up to get some sweats & a hoodie.

Me- text me the address.

Jocelyn- ok.

I hung up, threw the clothes on, & left Roc a note telling him where I was going. I checked on the kids before walking outside. I unlocked the door to my chevy caprice, typed the address into my GPS, & started backing out of the drive way. As I drove, the old thoughts of the torture Mark put the two of us through played in my mind as if it were yesterday when it happened. Her moms boyfriend molested us for 2 whole years before we said anything to anybody. Once we did, they gave him 10 years in jail & only 7 had gone by so I was annoyed at the fact they let him out three years too early & what annoyed me more was the fact that he'd made his way to Miami. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head as I pulled into her drive way. I was a little confused because I didn't remember her house looking like this or being in Carol City bka the hood of Miami. The door opened & next thing you know, something was slammed on the back of my head then everything went black. I woke up with my hands tied behind my back & tape over my mouth. It was hard to see because both of my eyes were swollen. My entire body ached as I tried to look around. Once the blurring went away, I could see a person standing in front of me swinging what appeared to be a butcher knife. My eyes bulged out of my head & I tried to scream but the duct tape only muffled it. I struggled to get a good look at the person then realized who it was. She walked over and snatched the tape off of my mouth. That shit hurt, but I wasn't a punk so I played it off like it didn't. I was curious to know what this bitch's deal was though.

The girl- so, do you know why you're here Ci?

Me- umm.. no. I was trying to find Jocelyn's house. Why am I tied up?

The girl- because Jocelyn tricked your dumb ass! She brought you here so I could kill you!

I made a mental note to kick Jocelyn's ass if I ever made it out of here alive because it was more than evident that this bitch was crazy and meant what she said.

Me- what wait? Kill me? For what?

The girl- because I wanted Roc ! I always did & I'm going to have him one way or the other!

Here we go with these psycho bitches trying to kill me over Roc. I wasn't quite understanding what was so special about him. I mean, we have three kids together which meant we've had plenty of sex & I have yet to figure out why they love him so much.

Me- man Ashley please don't do this! You can have Roc I have kids that need a mom!

Ashley- oh, don't worry about that. I'll be their mom.