Vilkas x Reader - Drinking Challenge

Start from the beginning

"Far...kas..." I breathed out. "A...ir..." My grip on his arm was fading, but he kept me in place, not listening to my pleas.

"Farkas!" Vilkas yelled as my consciousness was slipping. "Let go of her!"

I used my last ounce of strength to poke at Farkas's eyes, he yelped in response and let go of me.

I drew in the longest and most relived breath of my life as he held is watering eye with the palm of his hand.

"Serves you right you idiot." Vilkas smiled, ruffling my hair as he walked to the cooking pot and served the seared slaughter fish for the whole group.

It was as if he knew the schedule of the group because they walked in once he had finished plating up. They all threw down their pelts, game and weapons to join us at the table. Vilkas sat on the other side of me and I gained a new butterfly in that deep part of my stomach.

I loved it when we all gathered around the mead hall for a meal, it made me feel as if these idiots were my family. And oh what a family we were. The smell of ale and a freshly cooked meal, the laughter and yelling of the group members, the low dim of the fire pit, and the cozy feeling of Jorrvaskr itself. What a family indeed.

I dug into my dish as the others were engaged in their own little conversation. It was pretty good I had to admit, Vilkas wasn't half bad at cooking a decent meal. It wasn't Tilma's cooking, but it was satisfactory.

"[Y/N]?" I heard from Aela in the distance.

"Hmm?" I looked up from my dinner, mouth full of the fish.

"Who would win a drinking contest? You or Vilkas?" Aela repeated, eying up Vilkas who looked very disinterested in the banter.

I swallowed my food. "Why me of course." I answered, giving a challenging look to the man sitting next to me.

"You underestimate me [Y/N]. He stated and took a swig of mead before finishing the rest of his meal.

"You want to put your money where your mouth is Vil?" I asked, lips curling up mischievously.

"Don't call me Vil." He retorted angrily. "And how much are you talking?"

"Lets say 300?"

"450." Aela shouted. "It's a fair deal for getting drunk."

"Very well, 450." I agreed. "Vilkas?"

"Very well, once you are done I shall whip your arse." He smiled for a brief second before taking out his dishes.

I had never scoffed down a meal quicker in my life.

~Time skip brought to you by this door is barred from the other side!~

"Are you ready to loose?" I smiled to Vilkas.

I had pulled a chair to the other side of the table and we were now facing one another. Everyone had placed bets on us, and Aela was keeping tabs. They all huddled around and anxiously waiting for the match to start. Bottles upon bottles of mead were set out in front of us and I was so ready to get wasted, but even more ready to drink Vilkas under the table.

"Ladies first." Vilkas smirked, pushing a bottle over the table to me.

"Oooooo." The crowd said.

"Only a fool lets his opponent take the fist swing." I retorted, downing the whole bottle in less than a minute.

The crown cheered and Farkas whacked Vilkas's back.

"Good luck brother." He whispered.

A few rounds later the crowd was down to a few strays who didn't want to miss the action, the rest decided sleep was more important and would collect their winnings in the morning.