After a bit, Draco came back from dinner and the library stop he had to make to see Hermione fast asleep on the couch with her book wide open in her hand and blanket on the floor. Hearing the door close she woke up and just saw Draco staring at her to which she instantly looks down to make sure she didn't fall asleep with popcorn all over her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up, I would have closed the door more quiet if I had known you were asleep in here." said Draco as he sat down on one of the arm chairs near the fireplace.

"Oh, that's okay I wanted to finish this book by tomorrow anyway," Hermione claims as she lifts up the book for him to see.

"You do know we don't have to be done that book for another two weeks correct?" questions Draco giving a small laugh.

"Yes I am well aware of that, I just like to be as ahead as I can in my classes. Besides I know you already started reading it as well considering I found your copy on the coffee table this morning." She says smirking at him.

"Well Granger you caught me," Draco says very dramatically. " I like to be ahead in my classes as well" as Draco pulls out his book from the small stack he had carried in the room with him.

"Oh Malfoy! I almost forgot," says Hermione as Draco looks questioningly at her.

"We have to decide the rounds for all the prefects this year. The times and who is with who."

"All right I suppose we can work on it right now... Accio parchment, ink, and quill."

As the objects float over, Draco moves over to sit on the couch next to Hermione so they can work on the parchment together.

"Mind if I have some?" Draco questions.

Hermione very confused looks up at him with a weird expression on her face, " I'm sorry?" she questions.

"The popcorn... can I have some?" Draco says as if it was obvious.

"Oh, right right, um yea of course you can have some." she says as she kicks herself about what she was really thinking he meant.

After a while of deliberation they had finally come to some agreements, mostly since Draco was very bored of the conversation.

"So we decided that Monday will be Ravenclaw prefects , Tuesday will be Slytherin..."

"Gryffindor can take Thursdays and Hufflepuffs can take Saturdays..." says Draco.

"And you and I will do rounds Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays." Hermione says with a smile.

"Sounds good Granger."

Deciding to spark up a better conversation Hermione says, "So I had some pretty interesting conversations with Pansy and Blaise today." while smirking.

"Did you now?" He says a tad bit worried as he sits up more.

"I did... who's would you care to hear first?"

"Hm, let's go with Pansy." He says very unsure.

"Okay so basically we were all walking to potions and you boys were debating who was hotter," she says as she rolls her eyes, " she sort of had a heart to heart with me I guess you could say. She apologized for everything from our past years as did I and we agreed to be friends. We even talked about you believe it or not."

"All good things I hope." He smirks.

"She mentioned how you have changed the most out of all of you."

With that the mood in the room shifted from joking around to a very serious feel as Draco prepared himself for the moment he's been thinking of since they arrived at Hogwarts. This was his opportunity to befriend her.