Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Finnick Pov.

Annie won the games. She actually did it. And she couldn't have won on a better day, today is my birthday. I'm fifteen now. I watch on the TV as the hovercraft takes her out or the arena. I've never felt so happy, other then the time I won the games. I go down the elevator and wait for her. I feel like I'm waiting for her forever. What's taking so long? I think I'm just anxious because I haven't seen her in so long. I sit in the lobby of the tribute apartments and wait for what feels like a lifetime.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Annie Pov.

I feel different, like I'm losing my mind. I knew this would happen if I won. I need to snap out of it because I don't want Finnick to be worried or anything. I just have to pretend like I'm okay and maybe everything will be okay. One of the Capital doctors has gave me pills. They say I'm showing symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder. I really am crazy. They apparently tested me for it because of how I was handling things in the arena. They also say that I'm going to have trouble closing my eyes because the memories will come back, I'm going to cover my ears when I hear loud noises, and laugh at unnecessary times as I get older. They say it will start in my early twenties and they can't do anything to help that. The pills are to calm me down because apparently I had many panic attacks and they knocked me out. I'm pretty messed up now. They drive me back to the tribute apartments and I go in the lobby. Finnick is there and I run to him. He runs towards me saying my name. I jump in his arms and he spins me around in circles. I hold my head because I feel dizzy and he puts me down.

"I knew you would win." He whispers before kissing my forehead.

I give him the best smile I can. I'm happy to see him, but I'm so broken now. I'm going to start going mad as I age. "I missed you." I whisper.

He gives me a look and I know he knows that something is off. I knew he would figure it out. He literally picks me up and carries me.

I try to think of something to say to him that might reassure him I'm okay. "I thought it was sweet how jealous you got." I laugh a little.

He smiles at me. "You have no idea. I was ready to kill him myself."

The word kill has a whole new meaning to me. I close my eyes and I scream when I do.

"Annie! Annie what's wrong?!" Finnick panics at my fear.

"No, it's okay it's nothing." I try to calm him and myself down.

The doctors run to my side.

"Mr. Odair, may I speak with you for a moment?" One of the doctors asks formally.

"Yea." Finnick says and walks with him to the corner of the room.

---------------------------------------

Finnick Pov.

"Mr. Odair, Annie has been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. She is also going to occasionally scream when closing her eyes, cover her ears a when she hears loud noises, and possibly laugh at unnecessary times. To help her when she is experiencing one of these things, don't panic. Rub her back, whisper in her ear to calm her down." the doctor tells me.

I'm doing everything I can to hold back tears. I'm trying to respond to what he's telling me but I just nod my head. I can't believe that the Capital has taken away Annie's sanity. She'll never be the same, but I'll still love her like before.