Win For Me (sequel to Driven By Love)

Chapter 1

Annie Pov.

How has my name been picked?

"Come on up!" Pearl squeals.

When the crowd see's who I am they gasp. I feel like that reaping bowl was rigged. As if Snow moved the reaping to an earlier date and entered in my name extra times. I don't know why he would so that, but I have a feeling that's what happened. I stand up on the stage.

"Now for the boys!" Pearl exclaims.

I look at Finnick behind me. His face is in his hands and I see water going down his hands. He's crying. This makes me start to cry softly. I try not to let anyone see me though. I just keep turning back to look at Finnick.

Pearl walks to the boys' reaping bowl. "Our male tribute is Mick Adams."

Mick walks up to the stage and Finnick doesn't even look our way. Pearl tells us to shake hands but we hug instead. It's time for the people to visit the tributes. Finnick comes running through the door. He hugs me right away.

"Win for me. Just like I won for you. Win for me. I can't go on without you, I'll lose my mind." he begs me.

"I'll try I promise. I can't lose you." I say sadly.

"I'll tell Mags that I'll mentor you. Okay?" he asks.

I nod my head and hug him and lay my head on his shoulder. The peacekeepers come in.

"Time is up for you." they say to Finnick.

I don't let go of him but he let's go of me, and I have to see him later. Sarah comes in crying.

"I can't believe it's you." she says with tears flooding her eyes. "I lose Mick, or you, or both of you."

I hug her. "I'm gonna miss you, thank you for being my friend, and getting me through last year. I can't ask for a better friend." now I'm crying.

"Please try to win Annie." she says and I nod.

She walks out and Jerry says a quick goodbye with tears in his eyes. Then Finnick's dad comes in.

"Annie, I just wanted to tell you that when you came into Finnick's life, you made it better. I want to thank you for making him so happy." he says with a sad smile. Was he crying to?

"Thank you." I tear up a little. I didn't think he would say something like this.

"I think you gotta try your best to win." He says. "Good luck Annie."

He walks out the door and Mrs. Odair walks in.

"Annie, Finnick has always been my little boy. I didn't want him to have a girlfriend or move out, but your the perfect girl. Your the kind of girl that I wanted him to end up with. Please try to win for him. Without you, he would lose his mind." she says sadly.

"I'll do everything I can." I promise her.

She hugs me and walks out. I didn't know his parents liked me so much. It feels good knowing that they like me though. That they've always been happy with Finnick and I together. The peacekeepers walk me onto the train and Finnick is on it. I sit down next to him and bury my head in his shoulder. Mags and Mick sit together.

"Well I guess we know whose mentoring who." Mags says shyly.

Finnick gives her a slight smile. Mick looks at us sadly.

"So do you guys want to be in an alliance?" Mags asks Mick and I. I'm not really ready to start strategizing. I just want Finnick to hold me and protect me from the arena.

"Yea I want to be in an alliance with Annie." Mick says.

"So are we in an alliance with other people or just us two?" I ask.

"That's up to you guys to decide." Mags says.

"I'm okay with just us two." I say.

"Yea me to." Mick agrees.

"Let's see what the other tributes look like first." Finnick says.

Finnick turns on the readings from the other districts. The girl from one doesn't look scared or sad to be going in. The boy from one doesn't look as happy to be going in, but he doesn't show much emotion. The tributes from two are also strong looking. The boy volunteered, but then again almost every year they do. The tributes from three don't look that intimidating to me, but who knows what they're capable of. They play our reaping but I don't really pay attention. The other tributes don't look that good in shape.

"I don't really want to be in an alliance with these people." I say quietly.

"Well, if you change your minds in training, let us know." Mags says as she walks away.

I walk in my room because I start getting a horrible pain in my stomach. I feel like I'm going to die, like I am going to let Finnick and everyone else down. I don't want to die. I want to live so that I can be with Finnick. I hear a knocking on my door and I open it.

"Ann." Finnick whispers as he hugs me.

"I can't win." I whisper sadly.

"Yes you can. I'll get you out of there alive! I promise." he says, tears start falling down his cheeks. "Please promise me you won't give up."

"Okay. I'll try I'll do everything I can." I promise him. I feel bad, he promised me that he would win. I'm already giving up.

"Annie I love you. I can't live without you." I wipe the tears off of his face. I kiss his cheek. "Please don't leave me."

"I won't." I say.

I lay my head on Finnick's shoulder.

"I'm scared." I whisper.

"I know. I'll get you out though." he says.

I nod my head. It's time for dinner and Finnick holds my hand protectively and guides me to the table.

We eat steak, rice, and asparagus. I've never eaten such a filling meal. After dinner, Finnick walks me to my bedroom.

"I love you." I mumble.

"I love you too." he says quietly.

I go in my room and the door closes between us. I go in my bed and fall asleep, while the nightmares torture my sleep.