Ch.15

*STEF'S POV*

"Stef wake up!" Lena said while shaking me. I opened up my eyes and she was standing in front of me. I looked around and saw I was on the couch.

"What's wrong? Did I fall asleep watching tv?"
I asked her.

"Yes now I need you to take me to the hospital. My water broke." I jumped up and ran to grab the keys and walked her out to the car and helped her in the passenger seat then went around to start the car.

"I'll go get our bags and the kids, I'll hurry." I ran inside and up the stairs. First to Jesus' room. "Hey buddy, I need you to wake up and go get your sister up, okay?"

He shook his head yes, "what's happening?" I told him mama was about to have the baby and we have to hurry. He got up and changed clothes and I left to get mine and Lena's bags that we had packed to have ready for this day. When I walked out of the room Jesus and Mariana were dressed and walking down the stairs.

Everyone was loaded up in the car and I headed to the hospital, it was 6:06 a.m. Lena called her parents when we were on our way to the hospital and then she called my mom.

*LENA'S POV*

We finally reached the hospital and Stef ran in to get a wheelchair even though I told her I could walk. However, my contractions were getting closer and closer together. "You two can unbuckle now," I told Jesus and Mariana and they immediately took off their seat belts. Stef came walking up with a nurse who was pushing the wheelchair.

She opened my door and put her left arm behind me, against my back and held my right hand with her right hand. "come on love, lets go have our daughter," she said to me smiling. I kissed her cheek which made her smile bigger. I slowly sat down in the wheelchair. She grabbed our bags and the kids got out and we headed in.

They took me to a room and checked my dilation level, it was at a six. While the nurse had checked me, Stef had taken the kids to get breakfast from the cafeteria. "Hey love, how are you? My mom just landed and is on her way, and so are your parents." She said reentering the room with the kids.

"Okay that's good. I'm fine," I told her, "just ready to meet our baby." She leaned down and kissed my forehead. "me too." she helped me get out of bed so I could walk around and try to speed up my labor while the kids laid on the couch to take a nap.

After about 10 minutes Mariana woke up and said, "mama, mommy?"

"Yes Mariana?" I answered her.

"When is my baby sister going to be here? And can I hold her when she gets here?" Jesus opened his eyes and sat up, "me too?" he said. I couldn't help but smile that they were happy to have a new sibling.

Stef who was next to me walking with me, helped me into the bed and answered them, "yes babies you can both hold her when she comes, which will hopefully be soon." Just then our parents walked in.

"Oh Lena you look beautiful, even in labor." Stef's mom Sharon said walking over and hugging me. Stef put up her hands, "really mom no hug for me?" Sharon laughed and went to hug her, "and I know my lovely wife is always beautiful," she winked at me, which always turns me on. However, I just smiled at her.

My mom and dad came over to hug me and my dad kissed my forehead. Then the nurse walked in and said she needed to take my dilation. Everyone but Stef left the room. Our parents decided to go back to our house until the baby arrives that way they can catch up on sleep since it was now 7 a.m.

Stef held my hand while the nurse put on her gloves. "Just because you're down there doesn't mean you can get turned on, by my wife, no matter how hot she is." she winked at me. I just gave her one of my looks and said "I'm sorry, she is kidding," to the now embarrassed looking nurse then looked back at Stef. "What?" She said shrugging her shoulders, "I was totally kidding," she then looked at the nurse, "I was kidding, sorry." The nurse laughed, "it's okay. Lena it looks like you are dilated to a ten. I'm going to take you to the delivery room and page the doctor."

Stef squeezed my hand and smiled, "it's time," she kissed my forehead before helping the nurse help me into the wheelchair. Then called our parents. I couldn't believe I was already at a ten, I wasn't in any pain, I didn't even get a epidural.

Once into the delivery room they put me on the bed and Stef held my hand. I was now starting to feel pain. Scratch that, major pain. "I need to push, it hurts." I said loudly. Stef kissed me and turned to the doctor, "can she push?" he shook his head, "push whenever you need to." So I did just that.

"Oww, it hurts," I screamed. It felt like my insides were being ripped out. Too bad it was too late for an epidural. I pushed again and screamed again. "I know how it feels love, I'm sorry. I'm right here." Stef pushed my hair back and kissed my hand. "I see her head, one more good push and she'll be here," the doctor said. Stef put her free arm behind my back to help, "you've got this honey. One more." I pushed one last final, hard push and heard crying. "It's a girl," said the doctor. I looked up at Stef and she kissed me, "she is beautiful, I'm so proud of you," that was the last thing I heard before complete darkness took over me.