Ch. 2 Tint of Hope

Y/N POV:

Sonic and I arrive at my house and I then realize my MOM IS HOME! Dad is out on a big business trip but I never see him that much anyway because he is always working. Y/N? I look over to see Sonic with curious emerald eyes trying to figure out what I was thinking I decide to shake it off, You need to be extremely discreet Sonic, My mom can't find out you are here I say. Alright Y/N Sonic says with a bit of sadness in his voice. I can't really assume him to be happy all the time if he has darkness trapped inside of him so I just decide to let it go.

Sonics POV:

I am really sad that I have to be discreet all the time if I decide to live with Y/N. I hate feeling like I am the odd one out but a talking blue hedgehog isn't really normal around here. Alright Sonic go upstairs and wait for me and I will be there soon, go fast and quiet and we should be fine Y/N mentions quietly. She opens the door and I go upstairs quick and wait for Y/N to get up here but I decide to look around because she seemed to be having a long conversation with her mother. I end up walking into this black and white room with pictures of Y/N and her family and friends along with a black and white bed and desk. I walk towards the pictures and start feeling something that I have never felt before. I don't know what it is but it feels like I am safe.. sort of? more like I am finally not scared and the pictures along the wall start turning into color. I can't believe I can finally see color again! even if it's just in this picture I know my heart isn't completely dark!

Y/N POV: I finish talking with my mother and hope that Sonic has made his way upstairs and I don't see him here. I walk into my room to see if he went exploring and I find him smiling really genuinely staring at my family pictures. Sonic...? are you okay? I ask him and he turns his head towards me with his beautiful emerald eyes and says Yeah! I can see colors in these pictures Y/N! I am really happy for him because that means the darkness hasn't taken over him yet and it means we still have time to try and fix it. I sit down on my bed and say That's great Sonic! this is one step forward!

Sonics POV: I have always been able to see Y/N and only Y/N in color and I don't know why but seeing this picture with all of these flowers and vibrant colors is so heartwarming and I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off of my chest. I sit next to Y/N on her bed and stare into her E/C eyes while she stares into mine and I start feeling that feeling again, that energy. I don't know how to explain it because it's so complicated but I like it. I wonder if Y/N feels it too...

Y/N POV:

Staring into the hedgehogs eyes I get this weird feeling again, I don't think it's right to feel this way but I do and honestly it feels really nice. I feel like I can tell him anything and I can truly open up to him but what does he think? what does he feel right now? is he feeling the same way? I am too scared to find out but I just want to touch him, I want to feel his presence. I hug him and just stay there I don't want to stop. He tightens his grip around my waist and just keeps the embrace. I want to feel like this forever.