'Remember sweetheart, now that you have shifted to a vampire your scent will be different. When you are me, you will only smell like a vampire, when you shift into Izzy you will smell of only wolf. And when you are just you, you will have no scent at all. Also, my mate will be able to sense you now.'

That last part made me pause. Do I want to find my mate yet? Dad said I will find my mate today anyway but I don't want to have to choose.

'Amelie, I think it is time we go to a forest, or somewhere with no people and preferably with a lot of space to run. Its my turn.'

Ooh Izzy is shifting now! This is so exciting.

'Buckle up girl. My shift will be way worse than Ella's. We are physically changing to an animal.'

I picked up Isobel, changed back to me, and got in my car. How I love this car! I drove around for a bit before I found a forest. I got out of the car, locked it, then started to walk. It was quite a while before I got impatient and let Ella find a spot.

She found a clearing in about two second, but we had to have traveled a long way. Once we got there, I changed back to me.

'Amelie, when we shift we will rip your clothes to pieces so you might want to strip unless you want to go back home naked.'

With a glance around I took all my clothes off and put them in a pile under a tree. Isobel sat on them to keep them safe. I walked to the middle of the clearing and sat down.

I started to breath deeply to calm myself down. Now I just have to wait for Izzy to be ready.

I was picking at the grass around me when the first bone popped. It wasn't to bad but it was just a pop. Then another pop. And another. After all of my bones seemed to pop there was a vicious snap!

That was when I started to shift. I felt each bone break and then reposition itself. Izzy was right, it was way worse than Ella's. I was on my hands and knees panting when I opened my eyes to watch my hands become paws. My back legs became shorter and my feet also became paws. My face started to yank and stretch before it became a muzzle. My ears retracted and grew back up on top of my head.

I was now a small bare wolf. I thought I was done, but apparently I hadn't gone through enough pain.

I started to grow thick, shiny, snow white fur, the same color as Ella's hair. Then, I started to grow. I grew until I became taller than a regular wolf and kept going. When I stopped I was the size if a horse.

The pain was done an I was now a wolf. I could see and smell and hear way better than before. It was cool.

I slowly stood up and wobbled to a stream to look at myself. Walking in four legs was harder than it seemed. I looked at my reflection in the water and made a wolfy grin. I was so cute! 

  Ha, I was right. I do have white fur.

  Suddenly I felt the urge to run, so I did. At first it was all awkward but I eventually got the hang of it. I ran several laps around the clearing. It felt nice to have the wind rushing through my fur. Being Izzy seemed really peaceful.

  I galloped over to Isobel and started to play with her. I think she enjoyed my wolf just as much as I did. When both Isobel and I were drinking from the spring I heard a noise. my ears twitched toward the noise and it became clearer.

  I heard another noise from the other side of the clearing and I turned towards it. There were sounds from the forest on both sides of me. I started to whimper as the sounds got closer. When I saw  a shadow on both sides of the clearing I picked up Isobel with my teeth and placed her on my back and prepared to run. Just as I was about to dash away the two figures stepped into the clearing, and two amazing scents overwhelmed my senses.