Ch. 5: dinner and a guest

Amelie's p.o.v.

I woke up from my calm dream with a smile on my face. I can still remember the peaceful dream and wish I could just sink back into it. I dreamt of my perfect mate. It was one of those dreams with people that don't really look a specific way, but are still there. I dreamt if him holding me tight to him as we cuddled. As cliche as it sounds, we took long walks down the beach as we held hands and talked about nothing in particular. The dream was so vivid! I could feel the warmth from the setting sun on my bare shoulders, the soft sand underneath my toes, my mates soft strokes up and down the palm of my hand.
'Come come kitty kitty your so pretty pretty, don't go kitty kitty stay with me!'
AGH! Never in my life have I hated that song more as it blared from my cell phone, announcing that I was being called.
"Hi Dad" I say with a scratchy throat.
"Hey baby girl did I wake you?"
"No don't worry about it. What's up?"
"Well dinner is almost ready and I want you to get ready to meet everyone." Oh yeah. I forgot about that."I know I could just walk up and get you but I have to take care of things with some of the people that live around here. I will meet you at dinner and I will send someone up to give you some clothes and then take you down for dinner okay?"
"Yeah Dad. When should I expect someone?"
"Right about now."
Bam bam bam.
Hmm what great timing.
I hung up the phone after saying goodbye and went to open the door. A girl about my age with long black hair and grassy green eyes stood there. We both just took each other in for a few moments. Then she pushed past me and walked into my room, tossing a bag of clothes on the floor on her way to the window.
"Wow, great view from here! The forest is soooooooo peaceful. I wish my room had a view of the woods, but nooooo I get stuck with the field. It's so boring! There's nothing even there, like, what's a girl to do with empty space? You know what I mean? Well anyway, since you have a good view and a huge window I will just have to stay with you a lot. OMW! WE CAN BE BEST FRIENDS- no scratch that, SISTERS!!!!! This will be great we can go to the mall together, talk about boys, have sleep-overs, tell each other all our secrets it will be amazing!"

What just happened? I don't even know her name. She was talking a mile a minutes and I found it hard to keep up. And what is omw? what does the w stand for?
As if she she heard my first worry she stopped talking and said" by the way my name is Cynthia Carlotta Caspurn. Ha, C.C.C. that still makes me smile even after seventeen years! Anyway, so you are Amelie, the hidden daughter of Mr. Joseph Davidson, huh? I can see it, you look powerful."
What the hell does that mean? what did she mean by 'hidden daughter'? This girl is so confusing, but I kinda like her.
She picked up the bag that she previously threw on the floor and shoved it into my hands and pushed me into the direction of the bathroom with a 'go shower we can talk later' look.
I'm not sure if I should be offended or not.I shrugged it off and walked farther into the bathroom. This is huge! When I first walked in there was a large open space with a mirror covering an entire wall to the left and opposite of that stood a huge bathtub on the right wall. Then there was a short hallway that led to a large glass door with a shower on one side and a sauna on the other. Well Dad sure does live the fancy life!
I scrubbed my hair and body with coconut-lime gel before stepping out of the shower. I pulled the clothes out of the bag that Cynthia handed me and pulled out some cute matching bra and panties then dark blue jeans and a simple black tank top and little giraffe socks. Really? Giraffes? I have only known Cynthia for about five minutes before I got in the shower but I could tell we would be great friends even though we seem to be opposites. She is very loud and outgoing while I am quiet and shy.
When I walked back into my room and actually looked at the room for once. The bed was electric blue with black pillows and beside it was two black night stands, one on each side. They each held small lamps in the shapes of dolphins. The walls were a sea blue color with black trimming along the floor and around the big window. The window had a cute little window seat that opened up into a cubby for books. Next to the bathroom door stood a cherrywood desk with two large drawers. On the wall with the door that leads to the hallway was a flat screen TV and a large empty bookcase and a small white couch. The room was really big and cozy.
Cynthia stood in front of the the bed staring at the electric blue carpet. When I walked closer she looked up with a smile on her face. Without saying a word she pulled me down the long hallways and stairs that eventually led to the dining hall. People were everywhere. There must have been at least 500! The room was huge though, so I guess they all fit.
I took a seat next to Cynthia near one end of the table. I just sat there nervously while Cynthia talked to the people around us. The noise was horrendous and was starting to give me a headache. All of a sudden the noise stopped as the French doors ant the end of the dining hall flew open. In walked my father with two other men who looked incredibly strong. People seemed to slightly bow their heads to them as they passed.
Everyone took their seats as my dad stood at the seat next to me, the head of the table. He cleared his throat gaining attention before he said his announcement.
"Ladies and gentlemen good evening! Before tonight's dinner I would like to introduce you all to someone." He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. All eyes were trained in me and I could feel my face heat up and I was sure it was beet red." This is my daughter, Amelie. I would like you to treat her with the same respect that you give me. With that, let's eat!"
As he said that waiters came through the kitchen doors with food and drinks for everyone. Throughout dinner I learned that the two men that came in with my dad were his two best friends, Mark and Carl. Mark had dark blond hair and dark brown eyes. Carl had black hair and the same eyes as Cynthia and I quickly learned he was her father.

Some time later when everyone was about done eating and I had met many people, there was a disturbance. The door flung open with a bang. A voice spoke out that brought cold waves of terror down my spine.
"Well well well, what do we have here?"
I couldn't turn around to look at the person who entered because I was frozen the the spot. I slowly felt a panic attack coming on as my head seemed to throb. I could not even register anything anymore as my vision was clouded in black. Before I fell into my panic I managed to feel me Dads hand around my own and confusion clear in his voice as he spoke words that I couldn't understand.
Why is HE here. I though I lost him two years ago. The only thought I could clearly make was that if HE was here, so was trouble and pain.

***********
Sorry it has been so long.
I was not feeling so hot then I went on vacation.
I will try to update more from now on though. The good parts are coming.
Vote
Comment
Enjoy
~Shan