Episode 2 - Love, Me

Ally's P.O.V.

~At Cage&Fish

Love...what is love anyways? I thought "Love" was that time I sniffed a boy's butt when I was eight. Or that time I met a doctor who was everything on my list. Or that time I dated my handyman who was fixing my house. Or that time I dated that handsome lawyer with a son who he understandably chose over me.

I've had lots of Love in my life--but for this moment...I'm in my 30's, sipping hot morning coffee, listening to my nonsensical boss in his usual conference meeting speeches, and still very much single.

"Ally...?" Richard called out to me and I quickly snapped back to the real world.

I glanced over at Richard. "Wha--wha what?"

"You and Jackson would take on the Pierson case...that okay for you?" Richard asked me full knowing that it wasn't.

I felt everyone's gaze all on me and they were. There was silence. I looked over at Jackson right across from me.

"Fishy you made everyone uncomfortable..." Liza broke the ice as she always shamelessly does. What actually would we do without her?.....she reminds me of Ling most of the time.

Richard looks unamused. "Sweetheart, by now you should know...that's what I do."

Liza looking more unamused.

"I can do it." Nelle volunteered. Of course she does--you see since last summer...we've been competing for partner and this is her way of letting me know that it's not over yet.

"No!" I screamed.

I quickly composed myself as everyone stared at me. I looked at Jackson "We can do it?".

"Right?" I give him a reassuring look.

He smirked. "Of course we can."

______________________________________________

"Ally, what gift did you got him?" Elaine asked me as I was searching for documents on her desk.

I looked over confused. "Him who?"

"Richard." Elaine whispered. And that's when the little light bulb in my head turned-on.

"Ohhh right...I completely forgot about THAT. Well, I can't go to the mall--I have court." I said feeling a little bad. I do adore Richard and chauvinistic as he is--I wouldn't trade him for the world.

"Are you guys talking about the party tonight?" Liza appeared behind me.

I looked behind. "Liza...yes--we're discussing how I forgot to buy him a gift....."

Liza gave me her little intimidating look. "Well you better get him something Ally.....you're important to him."

Richard Fish thinks I'm important? Do I look like a wattle now in my 30's?

Either ways--I took it as a compliment. "Well, I'm sure I can bring him something special."

___________________________________________

~On the streets

"I can't think of anything to give him--my mind's completely blanked-out." I told Jackson as we walked to the courthouse.

"You can give him your wattle...?" Jackson joked unashamed.

I slapped his should lightly and he let out a small laugh--something I haven't heard for a while now. "Very funny..."

"But no seriously Ally...this is simple it's not rocket science. What's the thing he loves the most?" Jackson asked me as we reached the courthouse.