Party Murder

Chapter 7

The killer quietly slipped downstairs. Everyone was still quite as they heard a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Alyssa quietly said standing up.

“Be careful.” Taylor said and Alyssa gave her a duh look. Alyssa quietly went to the front door. She opened it quickly, and when she did, she found that no one was there.

“Who was it?” Adam asked as Alyssa walked back into the room.

“No one,” Alyssa said with a hint of fear in her voice. This was weird for everyone to hear, because Alyssa wasn’t one to show fear or weakness. Alyssa sat down next to Taylor. Taylor was even paler than usual.

“Are you alright?” Alyssa asked putting a hand on Taylor’s shoulder. Taylor just nodded. The room grew silent.

“Boo!” They all heard as Robert appeared in the room.

“What are you doing here?” Taylor asked scared out of her wits.

“I was invited.”

“How long have you been here?” Jason asked.

“Long enough to know this party could use Mr. Fun over here.” Robert said pointing to himself. Everyone looked at each other for a brief moment thinking the same thing. Did Robert kill Phil?

“Wait, what did I miss?” Robert asked completely confused.

“Phil was murdered, Rob.” Alyssa said as she got up. A look of shock crossed Roberts face, but that look went away fast.

“Oh,” was all Robert replied with.

“Now thinking about it, Elizabeth and Madison have been gone for a while.” Jason stated.

“Elizabeth, Madison?” Alyssa yelled up the stairs. No answer. “Elizabeth, Madison?” Alyssa tried again, still no answer.  Getting worried Adam ran up the stairs, and the rest of the group followed.

When they got to the top of the stairs, they all froze with what they saw. Madison’s dead body sitting on the ground.

“Where’s Elizabeth?” Taylor asked breaking the silence. Everyone but two ran into the bedroom.  The remaining group looked around, and the killer quickly stepped into the room.

“Where is she?” Robert asked a little too calmly for the situation.

“I don’t know.” Adam said a rough edge in his voice. Everyone turned to look around the room again.

“There.” Alyssa said pointing to an open window which held Elizabeth’s dead body.