Chapter 8- Hospital

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt someone's hand around mine. The person's head was rested on the bed I was on, which looked to be a hospital bed.

Looking around, I could see Mike, Danny, and will sprawled out on various sofas and chairs, meaning that the person holding my hand must be Johnny.

"Johnny?"

His head sprung up and a smile etched it's way onto his face.

"K-Kassy."

"What happened?"

"The girls beat you up."

"No, I mean after I passed out."

"We told your parents and they don't believe us about what happened for some reason, but we bought you here."

I felt a real pang of sadness at that. My own parents didn't believe it?

I really didn't see what there was to not believe. The boys had seen me pass out on the bathroom floor, and I had blood all over me.

"Where are my parents?"

He all of a sudden looked very sad.

"I don't know."

"What did the girls tell them about what happened?"

"They said that you had a thing for me and was jealous of Lisa, so you decided to go into a room that they were all in and make it look like they had beaten you up. They said you framed them all."

"My parents bought it didn't they?"

He nodded solemnly, and started playing with my fingers like they were the most fascinating thing in the world.

"I should wake the boys up."

"Yeah."

Johnny smiled.

"BOYS GET UP!"

They all jerked awake and were immediately to my side, fussing over me.

Which is around the time my parents walked in, stern look written on their faces.

"Boys, could you leave us alone with Kassy please?"

-..........-..........-..........-..........-

"Kassy, why would you say such a thing? They are lovely girls."

"Mum, you don't understand! Why won't you believe me?"

"Because I can't see as it would happen!"

"Well I sure can! The boys even saw it happen!"

"I'm sure they'd cover for you though. Especially that Johnny kid. We all know you have a thing for him, Kassy. But lying isn't the way to get what you want."

"Why the hell would I lie about something as serious as this?"

"You watch your mouth young lady! Now, we have something to tell you."

"What?"

"We're sending you away to Romania to take part in: 'A better person project."

"WHAT?!"

"Keep your voice down! It's a 10 week programme that turns you into a better person and makes you value your life more. It makes you more grateful, and considering your recent behaviour, I think it's what is best."

"No! I'm not ungrateful! You know that well enough! Why won't you just listen? Didn't you stop to think what I wanted when you signed me away? No! I'm not going!"

"Yes you bloody well are, young lady! You're lucky to have what you have. You're not grateful. You have a home, a family, friends, a boyfriend-"

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"Cameron?"

"We broke up."

"This is the kind of behaviour I'm talking about! You're going and that is final!"