A moon without the Sun

Subaru woke up to see Lucy not next to him. He didn't understand but he felt empty. He didn't wake up to her pure sleeping form where he studied her. From her closed eyes, to her loose strands of her hair, to her lips. He would sometimes kiss them before he got ready but now he could not do it. He felt alone and this time he didn't enjoy it. He didn't have his Lucy. Maybe she was in the kitchen or maybe she took this opportunity to leave him. He felt hid heart break. He couldn't bear to think of something like that. Why was he thinking this way? He was only supposed to protect her. Another thought came into his mind. What If he lost her? What If she got hurt? What would he do? He quickly walked out of the room to see a note on the kitchen table.

'Went to get groceries, I will be right back.' He stared at it. He really freaked out over nothing. He got ready for the day and when he finished he had seen Lucy just finishing up making breakfast. She looked at him and smiled before she handed him an envelope. He took the envelope and hug her her causing her to gasp. She was confused. He had never done that before. He hugged her even tighter. She had felt her heart began to pang. What was wrong? Did something happen to him that changed his emotions toward her? She decided to ignore it.

"The letter came about an hour ago." He didn't let her go. "Mr. Sakamaki, I am making something in the kitchen and have to finish it. Can you let me go?"

"Do not call me that anymore. I like Subaru-Kun better, coming from you."  Lucy stared at him. He had a serious face yet his eyes had shown love. Similar to the ones that he had given Yui. She smiled at him before she went back into the kitchen. Subaru sat on the couch and opened the envelop to read the letter.

'Next week you will be moving into the mansion -
karl Heinz.'  Subaru then put down the note.  He couldn't believe it. He would have to move in with his brothers soon. Would they take her? He already knew that she had been an interest to some of his brothers but what about Okimi. She seemed to want to drain the life from her. She had seen it in her eyes. Lucy had been nothing but prey to her.

"Mr. Sakamaki, I have something for you in the kitchen. If you do not mind." He heard Lucy's gentle voice from the kitchen. He couldn't help but do as she had said. He stood up and went into the kitchen to see a beautiful cake with strawberries on it. In the middle had been brown frosting that wrote Happy Birthday Subaru. He blushed hard. He forgot that today was his birthday. Surprisingly his wife remembered for him. She smiled at him.

"Happy Birthday Subaru-Kun." He knew that he had been right when be had chosen her that day. She was perfect.

"We can eat it after breakfast if tou want." He continued to stare at her making her nervous. "Subaru-......Kun?" He nodded before be pecked her lips.

"Thank you" He went into the dining area. Lucy stood there as her face had flustered.

"Your welcome Subaru-Kun."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Does this mean that he loves her?